Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright im new here and need some help haha. i used to own a 2000 magnum 325 and absolutely loved it, a couple of years ago i sold it to buy a camaro an i just started getting the urges to get another one. im looking at a trail boss 325 it would probably be around a 2001 or a 2003 and im not sure of the hours or mileage but it shouldn't be too bad as the owner just rides it up to the strip job to feed. it has set out in the weather for a while now probably 4 or 5 years. im not sure what would be a good price for this machine. my buddy seems to think around 1000 or less. any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
yeah, wouldnt pay more then 1K. according to NADA a 2001 trail boss 325 average retail is $970 and low retail is $740. if it has ran it 4-5 years i probably would only offer $500-600

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help. an yea i was thinkin the same thing. settin out in the weather for or 5 years cant be too good for one. ive rode it and it runs good. i looked up a 2001 and i think its a lil newer maybe 03?

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
03 was a 330 TB.....2002 was the last year of the 325 TB, and it it were an 02 average retail is $1,065 and low is $810. outside for 4-5 years will not get it average retail.

is it running now?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
yea its running. i went and rode it today. do you think 500-700 would be a good price. the owner is a woman and she doesn't know what to price it as and i don't want to rip her off but don't want to get ripped off either.

forgot to mention i don't think they have ever changed the oil

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
i have respect for you that you dont want to low ball her. if it starts and runs fine i would think 600-700 would be fair both ways, and i say this because sunlight causes hell on rubber parts. tires sidewalls get hard and weather checked. motor mounts crack and brake apart. fuel line gets hard and can actually shrink some. and it probably will still need a good carb clean, new oil and filter, chassis lube....basic service stuff. i would plan on a weekend and about $200-300 to get its condition back up mechanically and that brings you back up to 800-900 mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright thanks for all the help. hopefully we can work something out and i can get back to riding again. my plan a trip to the hatfield mccoy trails in WV. thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts