Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 89 4x4 trail boss wont start. When I hit the start switch the solenoid just clicks. Battery reads 12.3 volts, Solenoid to battery terminal reads 12.3 volts. Solenoid to starter reads 4 volts after pressing and holding the start button, I don't think thats right but hopefully someone can clear that up for me. How do you test the circuit breaker, I split the pouch hoping for a giant clear fuse and be able to just look at it but that wasn't the case.

·
Registered
17 Posts
electricle check

Because the selenoid clicks does NOT mean its good. It only shows the magnet in it is being pulled down to the contacts. If one contact is burned it wont work and send + to the starter. Do this. Run a jumper wire from the + battery post to the + stater post or the starter + side of the selenoid and see if the starter runs. This will check the selenoid if its good. If the starter runs it needs to replaced. Some of the selonids can be taken apart and the contacts cleaned.===There will be a battery cable running from the + battery to the selonide and a heavy cable running from the - side of the selonide to the starter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts