Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my new to me 89 trail boss is going to be here next saturday. looking at parts for it it shows two models of a two wheel drive mine has a 250 cc air cooled. one in the parts page shows a trail boss and a 2x4 trail boss and a 4x4 trail boss whats the difference in the two, two wheel drive trail boss ?

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
the only difference that i can see between the two is the 2x4 parts fiche has the steering linkage assembly and the trail boss parts fiche does not. shouldnt be any other difference, especially with a machine that old

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
yeah, should be. if you want, i can run the VIN# in the polaris dealer system and it will give me a link to the exact microfiche to use when looking for parts to confirm this. but if not, i wouldnt let it bother me...from the couple of years i have done polaris parts and this type of situation has come up i have always just guess whether to use the straight TB fiche or the 2x4TB fiche and have never ordered a wrong part because of it

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
well if you want me to check when you get it, you can PM me the vin and i can run it on the dealer site, same place a service manager would. it will tell me what fiche to use. would be more then happy to help there if you want

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
im 6'3 and 258lbs and rode a slight newer model 250 trailblazer 2 stroke and that thing ripped! i kinda liked the 250 2 stroke more then a 500 4 stroke

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
ppfff, thats nothing that will make a difference. i could of had a 25lb back pack on and still of had a blast. dont know if you have ever rode a two stroke or not but they are pretty much full throttle or no throttle, and that makes them a lot of fun

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have never ridden a atv before. at 63 yr old im going to start my child hood all over :eclipsee:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im in the ozarks so its all hard ground 1 inch of dirt on rock no mud in my parts that i know of.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
you will like it. the two strokes make way better sand machines if you ever get on sand because they way less and put out good power for their smaller engine size. either way, two stroke quads are fun, and less expensive to maintain then a 4 stroke IMO

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was given a 86 trail boss 250, A good running machine. the problem is the oil injection pump is shot and so oil has to be mixed ,I'm unsure what the ratio should be. anyone with ideas?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
i have never ridden a atv before. at 63 yr old im going to start my child hood all over :eclipsee:
Better a late start than never at all! Have a great time with it....my first quad was a '90 250 TB 4x4. Had it for 12 yrs til I upgraded to my 500 HO. Very fun machine and had very few repairs in those 12 yrs.Used it to pack out deer and elk during hunting season.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts