Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a chance to put first few miles on my 2015 850 Touring last week (3/29). I headed out from the trail head on M33 and traveled north to Mio and then on to Bull Gap. Bounce around a little on the Bull Gap sand hill and then headed back for short and slow a 50 mile ride (out and back).

The trails were surprising snow and ice covered. There was no snow visible from the road but the trails were covered in ice. Riding wasn't overly difficult, but rode slow and steady. Very slick and occasional breaking through the ice caused the potential to be thrown from the machine....so slow was the way to go.

On the 25 miles I rode, there were a couple trees down so I moved some and routed around others. Made it past everything out there but I suspect there could be more trees blocking the trail on the rest of the loop.

I may go back up 4/12 or 4/13 and try to cover more of the trail. I'll report back if I can get there.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I had a chance to put first few miles on my 2015 850 Touring last week (3/29). I headed out from the trail head on M33 and traveled north to Mio and then on to Bull Gap. Bounce around a little on the Bull Gap sand hill and then headed back for short and slow a 50 mile ride (out and back).

The trails were surprising snow and ice covered. There was no snow visible from the road but the trails were covered in ice. Riding wasn't overly difficult, but rode slow and steady. Very slick and occasional breaking through the ice caused the potential to be thrown from the machine....so slow was the way to go.

On the 25 miles I rode, there were a couple trees down so I moved some and routed around others. Made it past everything out there but I suspect there could be more trees blocking the trail on the rest of the loop.

I may go back up 4/12 or 4/13 and try to cover more of the trail. I'll report back if I can get there.
Sounds fun. I would like to bring the quad up to St. Helen or even up that way in the future.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts