Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening, I’m looking at the 2018 570 eps and also the 570 utility. Does anyone have any input that would be helpful on what one would actually be better for trail riding (gravel, dirt, grass, rock). I like both but the utility has more tie down options and front guard already. And being a girl, I like the gray color of the utility lol. The only thing negative I’ve heard isn’t that the utility won’t go as fast a second the 570 eps. I’m brand new to this so any help would be very appreciated!!! Thanks Keri

·
Registered
36 Posts
Its funny, but I use my 2018 570 EPS more for utility purposes than trail riding. I think you will be delighted with the power, speed and usefulness of the EPS. (Both are great).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Welcome to the forum....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome to the forum. So I have a 2016 570 X2, bought with the intentions of utility and if my wife wanted to go for a ride we could both go. She’s loving it!!! The ride is comfortable and we’ve done plenty of trail riding in Michigan and Virginia. I think if you are looking for the utility side the “turf mode” on the X2 keeps from tearing up the yard. Perfect for right now as I’m pulling the lawn roller and de-thatcher around. Plus like you mentioned already with front guard added a 3500# winch and the extended rack on the front so I’m covered. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Both of them will suit your needs just fine. I wound up putting on a rear "tough rack" on mine after i broke my rear rack and i must say Im a fan of the metal one. Its very sturdy and youre right there is alot more tie down options. If you are trail riding then i wouldn't worry to much about the top speed factor personally. You can only go so fast on the trail no matter how much power/top speed you have. I would say go with the one you truly like better and enjoy it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 2018 570 sp a month ago. (Upgraded from a 2015 rancher 420). I miss the metal rack that was on my Honda when trying to hang my atv spreader on the back, or tossing a shovel or lumber on to move around the yard. If you intend to use the atv for utility work go with the utility edition. The the only downside with the utility is it's geared lower so it will have a lower top speed, but I don't know how much that matters on the trails. My Rancher would only do 50, which is faster then you need for trails. This 570 SP I've had up to 63 on the road, but never more then 45 on an open trail. I'm sure the utility edition is good for at least 55-60. If you like the color and want a metal rack the utility edition won't disappoint on the trails either. I didn't go with the utility is because I wanted the front suspension upgrade and hill decent control that comes with the sp. We go to Hatfield McCoy trails at least once a year so the main reason I own an atv is for that trip. I can still use the sp for utility work around the house the rest of the year, although it would work better with a metal rack. Anyway that's my 2 cents, you really can't go wrong with any sportsman.

·
Registered
343 Posts
They both are good just make sure you get EPS and ADC, as you get better you will be glad you got them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts