Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant believe that I have not seen anyone use the trail tech gauges. I had one on my DRZ 400 and they are way better than stock. Dosnt seem like many people do mods to the sportsmans.
Anyway, here is a link - Trail Tech || Home page

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I've seen them on cycle forums..... but frankly the XP machines give you all that in a digital display already. Why fix it if it isn't broken? As for the Value Line machines, that's what they are purchased for... reliability without all the balls and whistles.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I use a trail tech temp gauge on my quad and it works great. Nice being able to see the coolant temp at a glance

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what I'm looking at is the temp gauge. Could you post a pic and tell us just how you installed it?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I dont have a pic, but the temp gauge comes with a t connector to splice into the coolant line. You want to cut the line before the radiator (so the fluid is going towards the rad, goes through the rad, and then goes back to the engine), install the t connector and clamp it up and thats it. The gauge readout is self powered with an internal battery..supposed to last several years...so there is no wiring for power, etc. It shows the current temp and the max temp of the ride (max temp resets once the temps drop down below 130).

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that sounds like just what I want. Where did you mount it?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
This is mounted on a 2012 Brute Force, but it can be mounted anywhere. The display gauge comes with double sided sticky stuff...it is strong and will attach anywhere. it can also be mounted using small bolts...you just want it somewhere you can easily see it when riding

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks. I really miss a temp gauge

1 - 8 of 8 Posts