Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a 1995 400. No speedo so no clue on miles but its got original tires and they aren't that worn down. Its clean!!

Looking to put a trailer hitch/ball on it. I want to pull snowmobile trailers, boat trailers and light utility trailers around the yard. I also have a fish house on wheels to pull. I need the ability to switch from 1 7/8 to 2 inch rather frequently.

How have you guys dealt with this? Its got just the factory set up on it now...just a hole. How worried should I be about tongue weight??

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bruce! This is my first wheeler since the late 80s or early 90s. I'll have lots of questions and research to do here.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Hello & Welcome :wave:

How about something like this......

Link: Kolpin Bolt-On ATV Receiver Hitch-418972 - Gander Mountain

Mount each ball size in the opposite direction.... one up one down, flip hitch in reciever when other is needed?! It just bolts onto the atv with the factory hitch hole location. If concerned about it rotating "clamp it" with a square "U" bolt around the mounting hole/hitch area! :dunno: If memory serves me correctly, this item can also be found at Walmart in the automotive / atv section as a.... "Coleman 3-Way Hitch".

·
Registered
806 Posts
I welded a 2 inch receiver tube on the rear of our 99 & 04 sportsmans that have just the 3/4 inch hole like yours.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'll try to remember to take a pic of the hitch tonight. I use my ATV to move my small 16 ft boat around the yard and the trailer I haul the ATVs on. My 22ft deckboat is a little too much for the ATV tho. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts