Polaris ATV Forum banner

Trailer hitch for my 2013 Sportsman 400

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Steelfab66 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm new to the forum and have a 2013 Sportsman 400. I'm looking for a dimension on the Polaris #2877476 draw bar. What is the dimension from the centerline of the pin to the end of the bar that goes into the receiver? I have a draw bar that I want to modify to fit my 400 and just need that dimension. I hope the model 28774776 is the draw bar that is normally for my model Sportsman. I have my 400 at my cottage and forget to measure the dimension and want to modify the draw bar while I'm at home with my drill press and cut-off saw.

#3 · (Edited)
I believe the owners manual may tell you that it shouldn't be more then four inches or four and a half inches from the pin. Don't quote me in that though. I don't have the manual close at hand to check.
I personally had a spare drawbar. I installed it and the pin and have used it since. If it fits, go with it.

seabee78

#4 ·
The dimension I needed was from the center of the pin to the front end of the bar that will be in the receiver. I have now learned that this dimension on the Polaris #2877476 drawbar is 3". Yes, the owner's manual for my 2013 does say that the center of the ball to the center of the pin cannot be more than 4". So now I can rework the drawbar I have from another application and use it on my 400. Saves me about $25.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.