Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using a particular type receiver shackle for pulling out their atv if the rear is the pulling point?

I'm finding it near impossible to find one of these devices for 1 1/4" receiver hitch on my 2013 Sportsman 500?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
1.25" is the size for small automobiles so an auto parts store is the place to look. but you're just as good off buying a length of 1.25" square tubing with 1/8" wall and drilling a hole for you desired shackle.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Anyone using a particular type receiver shackle for pulling out their atv if the rear is the pulling point?

I'm finding it near impossible to find one of these devices for 1 1/4" receiver hitch on my 2013 Sportsman 500?

Thanks,

Chris
Auto Zone has them in stock

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I made one from an old 1.25" hitch & a d-ring.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am making a couple as well, the shackle would not fit the 1.25 inch square tubing so I will tack weld a smaller size inside. Then drill the pin hole through both tubes. :)

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Looks great 'max!

I cut and ground the 1.25" stock until the shackle I was using fit.

**I used solid 1.25" bar stock, not tubing.

·
Premium Member
12,397 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,397 Posts
so it worked. what i liked about this set up was the curve in the in tow bar. i figured it was up out of the way and if it was to hit an obstacle she would slide instead of getting hung up. also when getting stuck its easy to hook up to while reaching into mud. installed a clevis that fit in the hitch and the rest is history.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Looks great 'max!

I cut and ground the 1.25" stock until the shackle I was using fit.

**I used solid 1.25" bar stock, not tubing.
I am a bit concerned about the thin wall tubing, I believe I will still do the same thing but with thicker wall if I can get it. Nothing like a shackle breaking loose and catapulting. :ponder:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Been using a hitch from Wal-Mart. I get a drop hitch, and flip it over so it goes up instead of down. Makes it easier to get on the trailer, etc...

Sean

·
Registered
1,181 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Warn makes one. Not to many options for the 1 1/25 reciever.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
:veryhappy:

·
12,342 Posts
Chassis - 1/2 Inch D-Ring and Stinger Combo
for Polaris RZR-4 800

Product Information:

Part # Description Retail Action

67-119 D-Ring and Stinger Combo for 2010-13 RZR-4 800 34.95
Add to cart

Share on yahoobkm Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email More Sharing Services

This D-Ring and Stinger Combo gives you a solid towing/pulling point on your RZR-4 800 without risking damage to the frame or suspension. The D-Ring is load rated at 4,000 pounds and zinc plated for strength and durability. The stinger is made from solid billet 6061 T-6 aluminum for a strong, lightweight and durable part. This stinger will also help keep the receiver hitch from deforming if your RZR-4 bottoms out on a hard object. This D-Ring and Stinger Combo will fit Class II (1 1/4" x 1 1/4") receivers.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Amazon sells exactly what you are looking for. Got mine for 13 bucks. 1 1/4 about 8 inches long and a D ring fits on the end of it perfect. Powder coated black, come with a hitch pin, I chose to use a bolt instead. Reese, Curt and Warn all make them.

http://www.polarisatvforums.com/for... I searched and couldn't find it 2013 850ho

1 - 17 of 17 Posts