Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The man with the hammer has spoken... Im thinking your probably right especially when Ive got a moose to load in there as well..

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a 5x8' and it is just enough. It leaves about 6" of room on each side of the atv. I had to load the atv into a 4x8' yersterday and it barely fit it. Maybe 1/4" on each side of the machine.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Of I were you I'd bump it up to a 6 footer and then you can add a side mount toolbox to it.

Not the best of pics but you can see the toolbox to your right

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For the guys who already own a 2-up sportsman.. What is the overall length of the quad.. including bumpers if you have them on there..

No comments on using a tape measure please as I haven't bought the quad yet and the closest dealer is an hour away..

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sportsman 850 w/o bumpers is 86.5"
Sportsman 570 w/o bumpers is 86"

·
Super Moderator
7,059 Posts
My Sportsman 800 X2 was 8' long from front of the brush guard to the rear of the machine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I watched a fellow load a new 2up in an 8' and it was too long, he couldn't close the ramp. My 500 Sportsman would have fit nicely but the new quads are bigger. My suggestion is to spend a little more if you can and get the biggest, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My biggest problem is storage... I need to be able to fit the quad on the trailer and parked inside the garage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I live in an apartment and have a very tiny garage, I bought a R&R 12QT ATV trailer it's the normal size of a snowmobile trailer but it fits in my garage nicely with my Sportsmen Touring on it. Nice thing about the trailer is it comes with ramps and you can load 2 on it side ways or one on it long ways. Cost me 1300 bucks but it's a awesome trailer and it's Aluminim! Checkem out if your still looking.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
2 years ago I purchased an open 6x14 single axle trailer with a 3,000lb capacity thinking it would be all I would need since it was plenty big for one quad. Taking a trip next month down to Tennesee with some friends and hauling an extra bike behind my 1000. Both will fit almost bumper to bumper but the tailgate won't come close to closing. Had to remove it to let the 570's ass hang off the back. Going to chain the hell out of them. Had I got the extra 2' and Double Axle, I would have been in good shape. Might have to upgrade...

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have a 1014 550 touring and I bought a 5x8 from Lowes. Since I can seld I triangled the single tongue to give it more strength. The 5' width is fine but my quad just fits length wise with a grill guard and one of Thor's boxes on the back. If I had to do it over again I would have gone up one size if for nothing else the extra space to pack a few things.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts