Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sportsman 850 XP EPS and I am looking for a good cover that is trailerable. Anybody have any recommendations?

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Problem with the trailer able cover is that the quad has to be bone stock. You can not have a rear box on it, mirrors + +. If you forget to zip up the cover all the way or the wind moves the zippers the cover will tear up on a longer trip. I say save you cash and if you want some form of protection get a wind visor for the front of your trailer instead. Or just leave it as is. Its a quad, it gets dirty anyway!

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I agree with Thor. I do like to cover my machine at all times too, but trying to keep it covered while trailering is an exercise in futility.

I will throw a cover on it when we stop for an overnight and while not in use once we arrive, but just leave it as is while under way.

CW

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
I went through covers and all that stuff for a few years. When I bought my new 550 this summer, I vowed to own a covered trailer before another winter set in.

The reason being - winters around here and the salt from the roads is not just any old dirt to all the aluminum on a wheeler. I figure I took more life out my past wheeler by giving it salt baths than by riding it.

Not any longer

This baby has all the room I need for my ice-fishing gear and then some.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Phil,

The clam shell trailers are awesome. Light weight and easy to pull + the height is perfect so it does not kill your MPG. I have had several myself.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes thats true. I drove from florida to indiana round trip with my Yukon XL 2009 and my 6 X 12 cargo trailer with Giant Scale Remote Control Airplanes (May be 300 pounds inside in total) and i expense $850.00 in gas.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I only lost about 2-3 mpg will my clam shell. It is about the same height as the truck. It was nice to be able to lock it with all the stuff inside and be on your way. Only reason I sold it was because I wan not able to haul a RZR with it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts