Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question is I have 2011 550 x2 with 3 inch lift 27 inch itp tires bought new in 2011 I put about 600 miles on it and now when we ride and I come to a stop and go to put in park it doesn't go all the way into park. I can let it roll just a little and it will go into park does any have any ideals what causes this. It didn't use to do this. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
234 Posts
Is it hard to shift in any other gears? I have an 11 850 touring and my shifting got so bad i had to shut it off to shift it. Dealer says only two things cause this. Too high of an idle and a bad 1 way clutch. I weighed the costs, bought a whole new clutch assembly and put it on myself. Fixed! My dealer gave me a huge discount on the clutch. He says maybe polaris won't help me out but he will.

Next time it does it don't move the machine. Turn it off and see if it goes right in. If it shifts correctly, then maybe your belt is spinning at idle like mine was.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trans engagement

No shifts fine. I will check when I get home. Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check when I got home there was no diff between shutting engine off and leaving it running any other ideals anybody. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts