Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used polaris trail boss 330. Model year is 2003. I have replaced the engine oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter and the spark plug. However i could not undo the drain plug for the transmission fluid. I have followed the instruction, have loosened the locking bolt which holds the plug in place but just cannot loosen the drain plug. Is there any trick in doing so> I was afraid to break something if I forced it more than I have tried. Thanks KenB

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Have you tried an electric impact driver....

·
Registered
112 Posts
I recently purchased a used polaris trail boss 330. Model year is 2003. I have replaced the engine oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter and the spark plug. However i could not undo the drain plug for the transmission fluid. I have followed the instruction, have loosened the locking bolt which holds the plug in place but just cannot loosen the drain plug. Is there any trick in doing so> I was afraid to break something if I forced it more than I have tried. Thanks KenB
I had a 330 trailboss and the transmission drain plug came out fairly easily. I don't think you could fit an impact gun/socket in that area. I used a standard box end wrench. Make sure it is a decent wrench as some of the cheaper ones do not fit very well. Are you sure you are trying to turn it the correct direction? Counter-clockwise that is to loosen. You could try holding pressure against the wrench and tapping it with a hammer....just watch your fingers:shocked1:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts