Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
Went to the cottage to pick up my quad last weekend.
Seems my atv is stuck in park.
I've pulled the clutch cover - belt is fine. Clutch is moving fine.
Checked the transmission fluid.
I shift the atv into other gears and nothing happens. The head console does recognize the gear that I'm in. I have looked everywhere for an answer. Any ideas? Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
You run through water? Is the ATV stored below freezjng? If so, might try putting it some place heated and see if it works. If so, water in the transmission.

Sean

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had the heater on it all day today.
Fired up. Shifter works fine now when it's not on, when it's on it is extremely hard to shift it into other gears.
I got it out of park atleast.
I guess keep thawing it out and drop the fluids when it's all warm. I'll be replacing both diff fluids as well this week

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
If it shifts ok when off, but not when running, that is normally an indication of the idle being too high, or a clutch/belt problem.

Sean

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I picked up a new dayco belt today from royal distributing and noticed it was a little smaller then the old one that was on there. I am guessing they stretch quite a bit as they ware out. Rpm is not any higher than usual. 1200 rpm is the norm what do you think?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
417 Posts
Well if you got condensation in the case and freezing temps then I could see that.

12 850EPS

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got everything working
The transmission had about a quart of water in it.
Had to replace dayco belt that I put on with a polaris one. Shifts well now.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Good deal. Glad you got it going.

Sean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts