Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All! I am new to this forum as I just bought my first polaris. I have a '14 Sportsman 800. I have a question about shifting my machine out of park. I always apply both brakes when shifting from park yet it is very hard to shift out of park. Also I cannot go from park to reverse. I have to shift from park to neutral or low and then back to reverse. Is this something I need to address with the dealer? It has done this from the time I've brought it home. Thank you in advance for any help y'all can provide!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Take it back to the dealer..... have it repaired under your 6 month warranty!!!

NO, that is not normal.... it that's what you hear (I'd hope not though).

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Matthew is right. While the shifting is a bit firm at 1st and takes a bit of getting used to, it should not have to be forced.what is your machine idle rpms?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I will take it back to the dealer tomorrow. It is almost impossible to get it to shift from park to reverse as you have to push so hard to get it out of park that it usually just skips to neutral or low. Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And to answer your question it idles between 1300-1400

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
And to answer your question it idles between 1300-1400
That's where your problem is then I'm guessing. That can make gear engagement harsh. Its a tad high. That in conjunction with its newness

My 2012 idles from 1150-1250. Book says 1200 +/-100

1 - 8 of 8 Posts