Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a rear bumper for a 2013 Polaris 400 from the dealership. It is made to fit but the bolts that came with it are supposed to be self threading into the body of the polaris where holes are already drilled. The problem is that one side stripped. I mean the bolts out the holes so they do not hold at all. Tried to put a bolt and a nut on but it is all but impossible to get a nut back there so its not showing out the back. Any one else had this problem and how did you fix it?

thanks,

Big Al

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I bought a rear bumper for a 2013 Polaris 400 from the dealership. It is made to fit but the bolts that came with it are supposed to be self threading into the body of the polaris where holes are already drilled. The problem is that one side stripped. I mean the bolts out the holes so they do not hold at all. Tried to put a bolt and a nut on but it is all but impossible to get a nut back there so its not showing out the back. Any one else had this problem and how did you fix it?

thanks,

Big Al
Go to hardware store and buy next bigger size of self tapping bolts. The bolts that come with the Polaris bumpers are Chinese crap, so even if they worked, I'd replace them. I did on mine

·
Premium Member
13,320 Posts
i tapped mine and used some gm 5.3L header bolts on mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts