Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
The sending unit should read a differential of resistance much like a rheostat. I would replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
2006polar500, it sounds like your sending unit is toast. Check your fuel pressure to see if your pump is going out and causing the sputtering

Here's a quick fix for the broken clip on the fuel pressure regulator discussed above by AKStew. Just a hose clamp with a hole punched in it to go over the unused vac port. Be sure to get all stainless, marine grade, clamps. The ethanol can corrode the screw on standard clamps. See the pics.
What if you break/lose the regulator housing/holder, is there another one you can buy or use off another application?

·
Registered
2 Posts
2004 Polaris sportsman 700 EFI

I have a 2004 Polaris sportsman 700 EFI. Changed out the fuel pump, put everything back together and it won’t start with out my hand over the intake. As soon as I take my hand off or let just a little bit of air in it shuts off. What could be the trouble.
Before I put it all back together I put the pump in a bucket of gas and it fired right up and idled for about 30 seconds before I shut it off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Billythekid_ny you ever figure yours out? I’m having the same issue, just put in a new carter pump but now I’m only getting 5 volts to it.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts