Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used one of these??? OR a similar brand like it?? I'm VERY interested in one as I cant carry my atv AND haul my travel trailer w/my current set up as the tailgate wont close.
Brent

http://extremeformatv.com/index.html

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
No, But it looks like a great product and idea!!

I've also seen a product that is a metal link that can be hooked on the tailgate cable mounts and saves the cables. Don't remrmber the name of them though.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
With my old truck I just put car ramps in it for the ATV to drive up on and then I just straped the tailgate up as I could then get it 75% shut. My new truck has a smaller bed so I will just be able to bring one or the other :(

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saw one in town.. guy w/a short bed ford with his ATV in the bed w/the tailgate CLOSED. That's what we're talkin about.. :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
Has anyone ever used one of these??? OR a similar brand like it?? I'm VERY interested in one as I cant carry my atv AND haul my travel trailer w/my current set up as the tailgate wont close.
Brent

Extreme Form Products -Affordable and Innovative ATV & UTV racks
Had similar problem brentlyk. My bike was too big for the tail gate to close and I couldn't leave it open due to the crank up jack on my trailer sitting in the way. So I removed the crank up jack that came with the trailer and went to wally world and purchased a crank jack that mounts on the side of the tongue of the trailer out of the way of the tail gate. Solved my problem. Now one bike in the bed and one on the trailer.... Now I just need the get extra cash to buy a trailer that fits at least 2 bikes to simplify my loading and unloading.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea that would work for a flat bed trailer but not so much for a travel trailer, think the weight would be hard on a side mount jack??

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I like Lolly's idea.... try a set of car ramps. If that doesn't work, look into the product questioned above. Only thing I don't care for is bolting to the box rail top.

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
I just used my tool box. Worked great.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I was going to recommend that too, getting the front tires onto the tool box, would suck to need tools though while heading to a destination, LOL.. BOBX is that a 5.5" box, did you make your own custom ramps for getting onto the tool box, looks like it would be a beyatch to load?

·
Registered
180 Posts
bobx2, looks interesting, can you post some pics of your setup without the bike and how you made the ramps?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
It is a 6 1/2' bed. I just used some 2x6 lumber to make the ramps. I really don't have any other pictures of it. I do still have the two ramps sitting in my garage, just because I can't bring myself to throw them away. I cut one piece to sit on top of the box, and screwed the ramp piece to it to hold it together. Nothing tricky or fancy about it. No big deal to load either. Just drive up on the box, just like driving up the ramps to get in the truck bed.
You are right about needing in the tool box after loading. A word to the wise, get the ratchet straps out of the tool box before loading the atv. :ponder:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts