Polaris ATV Forum banner

Trying to decide on tire size

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Ascag357 
#1 ·
I'm looking to buy new tires for my sportsman 570. Right now I'm running the stock 489s (25x8x12 and 25x10x12). I want to go with a larger tire but nothing too crazy. Also don't want to have to do any mods. I am leaning towards the bighorns 2.0. Does anyone know if the bighorn 2.0 runs bigger than stated size, in other words, will the same size bighorns as my stock actually be bigger than the 489s? Or would you recommend that I go with the 26s (26x9x12 and 26x11x12)? Thanks.

#2 ·
My 2.0's at 5psi run 3/4" larger. I would suggest going with the 26" because a buddy I ride with has the 25" and wished he bought the 26". As for the clutch kit if u shift into low when needed u will be fine.

#4 ·
1inch in tire size is only 1/2 an inch of gained ground clearance, so I'd say go with 26/27s

#8 ·
I think I'm leaning towards 26" bighorn 2s. I'm looking for an all around good tire. One thought I have with the 26s is that I will probably need fender flares. Really don't want them though. Thanks for all the replies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.