Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends 04 700 appears to be running rich, it idles rough, runs rough until warm and fouls plugs easily. The dash is throwing a code 45. Barometric pressure sensor. circuit voltage low. Is the fix simple as getting a new sensor or will something else cause this?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Almost certainly the T-BAP connector.

EDIT: Sensor replacement not necessary. It is the faulty connector. I just replaced again in January with this superior connector.

Easy fix.

Only The Best

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright ill look into broken wires this weekend and go from there thank you much.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
More than likely the wires. They will either be broken inside of insulation or after my last one the wire just fell off the connector. That connector I linked to is high quality and you can either buy on eBay or direct. Free shipping too.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
checked the wires they dont seem broken and showed continuity with a tester.??? guess ill buy a sensor see if it fixes it.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Sensor over connector failure would be rare but you never know you may have a bad one.

Did you tug on wires fairly well when testing for continuity? There may be a enough strands at a standstill to get a good reading that breaks once the vibrations of engine starts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts