Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jut bought a new exhaust, and looking for somewhere to mount the tuner (out of the way). Input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I mounted my dobeck near my air box. Ideally high and dry would be best

·
Registered
296 Posts
Under the seat near the air box, under plastics below the handle bars? Its really up to you and how much wire you have and how easy you want to be able to access it

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So this is my first aftermarket exhaust on a quad, I have no idea what they are even used for. Do I need to be able to access it?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Theyre going to adjust the fuel to air ratios, change time etc so that the quad doesnt run as lean. We need some details on the machine and tuner so we can give better recommendations

·
Registered
296 Posts
When i had mine, i put the velcro on my airbox lid that you take off to access the air filter and never had an issue

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, it's a Dobeck tuner. I plugged it in to the injectors and mounted it on the removable plastic plate below the pod. However, I'm not really sure what to do with it now. I have no tuning background...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got it all installed, and set to the parameters on the website. Not sure if it is right yet though, it smells like it is running rich and it shoot out black smoke and pop on deceleration.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts