Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, sorry for so much detail, but just want you guys to understand all thats going on.

I am doing an engine swap in my 04 Sportsman 400. I put in a 00 Sportsman 500 motor. Before I put engine in, I swapped the stator plate because the wiring harness was slightly diffrent and other than splicing wires, thought it would be easier to change stator. I put engine in, hooked up carb. and wiring harness. There is no oil in the motor or coolant right now. I put the battery in just to make sure everything worked. Turned key, and absolutly nothing! No lights, no digital display, engine won't even try to turn over, just absolutly nothing!! There is one brown wire coming off the coil that I don't know where it goes, but everything else looks good. I have had to batteries in it as well. I am completly stumped. You think at least something would turn on. Everything worked before. Any idea what could be going on. :wtf1:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
First thing that comes to mind is ground cable connection at engine :hmmm: , Buddy.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Not sure where it connects, but the one coming from battery to the engine. And yes it could cause this to happen.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I posted as well, I have a brown wire under the hood that I have no clue where it goes. It comes off the coil. Don't know if that would affect anything.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Figured it out. There a grey wire near the battery that fell off. Got it running and everything. Thanks for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts