Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello peeps..

I have a 2016 sportsman 570. My wife took it for a drive, putting park and shut off. After trying to start, crank but no start, she gave up. Codes are showing as on pics.
I did replace spark plug. Battery reads 12.1 and I do hear the pump on when I turn key to run. Where can I go from here and what to check. Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,682 Posts
Battery # sounds a little low. Does it turn over strong or just slowly chugging over?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Battery # sounds a little low. Does it turn over strong or just slowly chugging over?

It turns over (seems) normally. Did you see the codes in the pics? I was thinking of just replacing the battery to see what happens. The battery that's in bow was the factory one when I bought it 3yrs ago.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The first code is battery voltage low and the second one is for your power steering because of the low voltage. Put a booster pack on it or charge the battery. After the machine is running verify charging voltage is above 14v.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok Jason I'll try that this weekend. Thanks for the code breakdown. I think I'll just buy a battery too in case.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Poleman.... there is about half a tank. I did replace spark plug but didnt get to check if there was spark.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok peeps. I did install a new battery. It turns over and starts. It barely idles for bout 20 to 40 secs then dies. I tried to speed up throttle but that just immediately kills the engine. I clean the throttle body. I check the oil and it's good think it could be a low oil. Where and what can I try next?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would check the stop/run/stop wiring and make sure its not partially grounding the ignition circuit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jason....I'll give that a try ...thanks buddy
Latebird.... ok. And how would be the best way to check that? Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Try monitoring the voltage when you do get it started. You could try to unplug the voltage regulator from the stator.
I had a voltage regulator fail and it cause all kinds of weird running problems.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks ron.... elaborate on disconnecting the regultor from the stater.
And peeps I was thinking..... could it be a bad coil?

·
Registered
59 Posts
The voltage regulator plugs in on the left hand side the plug is mounted on the motor mount. You will see a plug with 3 yellow wires that go run to the engine (stator). The other side has 3 yellow wire running to the front (to voltage regulator). You should be able to easily unplug it there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The first code is battery voltage low and the second one is for your power steering because of the low voltage. Put a booster pack on it or charge the battery. After the machine is running verify charging voltage is above 14v.
Where did you go to figure out the codes? Good info.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Have a look in your owners manual. It's all in there plus a table showing what all of the codes mean.

Mark

·
Registered
314 Posts
It's in the owners manual.

Also Polaris codes are pretty general across all their brands.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts