Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after days of searching and reading this forum I have decided to go with a set of Grim Reapers, however trying to get them in Australia in 27" for 14' rims is proving very difficult. Does anyone know any companies there in US who will ship a set to Aussie at a practical price??

Cheers

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Thor on here owns theatvsuperstore.com and I believe he ships over seas.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Bruce,

We have almost 100 members down here in our group "Tassie Quads and Bikes" so hopefully we can establish a good contact/supplier over there and send some business. The group has all types of bikes so if anyone can help out it would be great.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Problem is shipping small amounts to your area. We ship armor kits all the time to your country since they are in the size limit for USPS priority mail. However tires are too large for USPS. UPS & FEDEX will charge 3 x the price of the tires just to get to you. Like I suggested in my PM to you contact a freight forwarding company here in American like our Scandinavian customers do and get a consolidated shipping price meaning you share and pay for the space used in the container.

Thor

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Thor,
I have been searching for a company and USAtoAUS.com seem to do a reasonable rate. I will take you up on your offer as soon as I get some more information from them re shipping.

Cheers and thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
To most countries there is at least one shipper who collects items and fill up a container and send it over. They normally charge by kilo and you not need to worry about declare it as the shipper do the lot. So easy to calculate the cost. Then you can order from any dealer and they send it to the shipping company's ship to address. Or do it the traditional way with pay for volume but make sure you get the whole quote with paper work. It should be a breeze to have them shipped to aus with a boat

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To most countries there is at least one shipper who collects items and fill up a container and send it over. They normally charge by kilo and you not need to worry about declare it as the shipper do the lot. So easy to calculate the cost. Then you can order from any dealer and they send it to the shipping company's ship to address. Or do it the traditional way with pay for volume but make sure you get the whole quote with paper work. It should be a breeze to have them shipped to aus with a boat
Thanks Clayboy, Its is easy to find the shippers but finding one at a fair and reasonable cost is the difficult part. Most seem to want around $800 to ship 4 x Quad tyres worth $500 so its not economical for me to do this unless I can find cheaper. Still looking though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow I pay about 180 to thailand all in pay per kilo. Is that a quote from a aus shipping company or one from California? I pay about 600 us for 2 cubic meter pallet pay for volume. 2 cubic meter is about 20 tires

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow I pay about 180 to thailand all in pay per kilo. Is that a quote from a aus shipping company or one from California? I pay about 600 us for 2 cubic meter pallet pay for volume. 2 cubic meter is about 20 tires
That was from US companies, I will try an Australian one after Easter break. So who do you use to ship your tyres, maybe they deliver to Australia also?
I would think 4 x 27" tyres could come in under 1 cm3.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well after days of searching and reading this forum I have decided to go with a set of Grim Reapers, however trying to get them in Australia in 27" for 14' rims is proving very difficult. Does anyone know any companies there in US who will ship a set to Aussie at a practical price??

Cheers
We ship a lot to Australia and have pretty good shipping rates but we do not offer the Grim Reapers. If you are interested in something else I can definitely help you out!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts