Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has issues removing plow from quad. All the videos I have seen show a different setup than mine. Where in video it shows to pull up red handle mine actually releases the rear latches when pushed down.Not sure if mount was put on wrong, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I bought the Polaris plow setup for mine...I've seen people running aftermarket because in some cases they are cheaper...No way for me. Mine snaps right into place and disconnects the same way. From the sounds of it, it's working properly. When the rear latches release, just back off the plow...simple as that.

·
Registered
285 Posts
PatK, for people to help, you'll need to let us know which plow and machine you've got.

Nice to have you here with us.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMG_3800.JPG

PatK, for people to help, you'll need to let us know which plow and machine you've got.

Nice to have you here with us.
Thanks - I have the Sportsman 450 I have attached pictures of plow kit so as you can see from the pictures the red handle has no upward movement , I can push down and it will release the back latches from frame but in order to pull up plow to release front hooks is not that easy, again any advice is apprecoated.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'd have to guess that someone here can be of assistance who have that particular setup. Not me, since I've got a mix of aftermarket stuff on my boss. I will say I'm a believer in the KISS system. Good luck!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Polaris has eleventy different plows, all called Glacier, and all different part numbers for blade/push tube/mounts, making it a nightmare to search for parts.

If it works, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
You should just be able to push down on the red handle and release the back latch, then back off the plow. On mine, the front of the plow has nothing more than hooks to hold it on the machine. You drive into the plow until they contact the mount points already on the frame, then hook the winch up and raise the plow. I'll lift up on the blade a bit by hand at that point and drop it, the rear latch will catch and secure itself.....I can get pics tomorrow if that will help....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You should just be able to push down on the red handle and release the back latch, then back off the plow. On mine, the front of the plow has nothing more than hooks to hold it on the machine. You drive into the plow until they contact the mount points already on the frame, then hook the winch up and raise the plow. I'll lift up on the blade a bit by hand at that point and drop it, the rear latch will catch and secure itself.....I can get pics tomorrow if that will help....
Thanks Mark , appreciate it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ok, the first pic is the mount boss for the hooks on the front of the plow. These are at the front of the machine, are part of the frame when manufactured. This is the left front of mine....

The second pic is the plow hooks. You can see both, they just slide over the frame mounts and stop. That's it. The rear of the plow has the hooks which engage with tabs on the frame and hold the whole thing in place. Those are what click when I lift up on the plow and drop it slightly, or just push down hard on the front of the plow after it's hooked to the winch...to release it all, just move the red handle whatever direction to unlock the catches at the rear. It's best to have the plow sitting on the ground with the winch cable either loose or unhooked. That will allow the rear of the plow to drop once it disconnects. Then just back away from the plow and you're done...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, the first pic is the mount boss for the hooks on the front of the plow. These are at the front of the machine, are part of the frame when manufactured. This is the left front of mine....

The second pic is the plow hooks. You can see both, they just slide over the frame mounts and stop. That's it. The rear of the plow has the hooks which engage with tabs on the frame and hold the whole thing in place. Those are what click when I lift up on the plow and drop it slightly, or just push down hard on the front of the plow after it's hooked to the winch...to release it all, just move the red handle whatever direction to unlock the catches at the rear. It's best to have the plow sitting on the ground with the winch cable either loose or unhooked. That will allow the rear of the plow to drop once it disconnects. Then just back away from the plow and you're done...

View attachment 138253 View attachment 138254
Thanks Mark - I will give a shot and let you know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just want to thank everyone who offered advice. I was able to remove plow , turns out there was a rock lodged in behind one of the back clips so it wasn't releasing all the way. Thanks again for all the help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts