Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new $12,000 UTV has been recalled. It is unsafe. The heat shield was improperly engineered and caused fires.
Out of the goodness of their hearts Polaris will repair the UTV (I wonder if they volunteered or were afraid of lawsuits???). Unfortunately I had to pay to have the UTV delivered when I bought it 2 months ago and Polaris rudely refused to pay to pick up the unit and have it returned to be serviced.
When I contacted "customer service" Chris stated there was nothing Polaris wanted to do about it and surprisingly he claimed he had no supervisor I could talk to.
I had a Artic Cat for 13 years and never had a problem or recall. I've had this Polaris 2 months and now I can't use it.
They stated they wanted to return it to a safe condition. It's brand new....its never been safe.
BEWARE...Over-priced and under engineered....rude, crude, and unsafe!!!
I may have to pay for Polaris' junk, but not without letting everyone I know how bad a company they are....Customers make a company, without them you have no business. Polaris doesn't get that message.
Good luck to other owners....stay safe and trade your Polaris in!

·
Registered
815 Posts
My new $12,000 UTV has been recalled. It is unsafe. The heat shield was improperly engineered and caused fires.
Out of the goodness of their hearts Polaris will repair the UTV (I wonder if they volunteered or were afraid of lawsuits???). Unfortunately I had to pay to have the UTV delivered when I bought it 2 months ago and Polaris rudely refused to pay to pick up the unit and have it returned to be serviced.
When I contacted "customer service" Chris stated there was nothing Polaris wanted to do about it and surprisingly he claimed he had no supervisor I could talk to.
I had a Artic Cat for 13 years and never had a problem or recall. I've had this Polaris 2 months and now I can't use it.
They stated they wanted to return it to a safe condition. It's brand new....its never been safe.
BEWARE...Over-priced and under engineered....rude, crude, and unsafe!!!
I may have to pay for Polaris' junk, but not without letting everyone I know how bad a company they are....Customers make a company, without them you have no business. Polaris doesn't get that message.
Good luck to other owners....stay safe and trade your Polaris in!
Nothing you have ever bought has been recalled? Companies and people make mistakes we are human. Read all the auto recalls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been lucky, only 1 vehicle recall in 40 years of driving. Probably because I buy good cars....can't say the same for the UTV. I would expect a car company to do the right thing, I expected the same from Polaris...sadly disappointed.

How long have you worked for Polaris?

·
Premium Member
10,370 Posts
Aside from unsafe, under engineered, and over priced what are we talking about here?

·
Registered
815 Posts
I've been lucky, only 1 vehicle recall in 40 years of driving. Probably because I buy good cars....can't say the same for the UTV. I would expect a car company to do the right thing, I expected the same from Polaris...sadly disappointed.

I've owned a polaris since Feb. 2016. Before that I owned a Honda recon, Honda rancher and Honda Rincon. I'm a Honda guy with a polaris since Honda doesn't want to build anything faster than a golf cart.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Go buy something else then.
Probably because I buy good cars....
List all the vehicles you have bought in the last 40 years.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Idk if what you bought is everything you claim it to be or not, but Polaris makes some great atvs, that are as safe as any other atv, engineered just as well and for a very reasonable price compared to others...but hey they're all garbage because you got one lemon

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Wait, you bought something, it had an issue that they are more than willing to fix it for you at no cost to you save getting it to them. Do you not have the ability to transport your machine? You don't have a buddy that will help you transport your machine? WTF? how is it Polaris's fault that you bought something that you can't transport? I've never heard of a company transporting all of their recalled vehicles, on or off road, back to the dealership for repair. Why do you think that you're so special that they should have to transport it back and forth for you?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Wait, you bought something, it had an issue that they are more than willing to fix it for you at no cost to you save getting it to them. Do you not have the ability to transport your machine? You don't have a buddy that will help you transport your machine? WTF? how is it Polaris's fault that you bought something that you can't transport? I've never heard of a company transporting all of their recalled vehicles, on or off road, back to the dealership for repair. Why do you think that you're so special that they should have to transport it back and forth for you?
And this sir is what is wrong with the world today. The guy needs to get off his couch and bring it to the dealer. Better yet just ride it without the warranty work done.

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
Trolling for a sympathetic ear. LOL Obviously he didn't read many threads on this forum before he posted. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
but i understand his point,do we have to be the ones where the equipment is tested on ?
in this days the most companies like to get rich in one week and because the most have no owner anymore, and only overpaid managers who move on after a couple of years dosn't matter what happen with there product.
who cares for happy costumers?

·
Registered
815 Posts
but i understand his point,do we have to be the ones where the equipment is tested on ?
in this days the most companies like to get rich in one week and because the most have no owner anymore, and only overpaid managers who move on after a couple of years dosn't matter what happen with there product.
who cares for happy costumers?
Out of all the things polaris builds and a few recalls mean we are test dummies? Anyone will tell you don't get mad when you buy a new model and there are problems. All manufacturers first year new runs are not going to be problem free. It's life.

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
Polaris will make the repairs free of charge, what more does he expect? Ask Ford, Honda, Toyota, Dodge, Chevrolet. Do auto manufacturers pick up and deliver your car/truck when they issue recalls? No! Coming here whining and bashing the company about this, and expecting us to feel sorry for him, is nonsense.

·
Registered
89 Posts

I like the comparison of an 11k OFF-ROAD machine to a $30-40k ON ROAD vehicle. I wouldnt expect my stock f150 would last half as long as my Polaris in the envronment I use my ranger in.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I can understand gripes about a company's failures and its quality, but I don't understand the OP's beef here. What company would pay to have something shipped back to fix a recall? I just got a notice in the mail today for my Ridgeline that it has a recall to fix something with the air bag. I'm not going to a Honda forum to complain about the recall or the dealership not coming to pick it up at my house.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts