Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello internet! I have a 2015 Polaris Sportsman ETX. I got it brand new with no modifications. I was considering the 570 but money was a concern. I have put a lot of work into it since. I have done the following modifications:

-Warn Vantage 3000 winch
-26" GBC Afterburn Tires
-HMF EFI Tuner
-HMF Titan Exhaust with snorkel kit
-PVD and Air Cleaner Snorkels
-K&N Air Filter with Filterwears water resistant pre-filter

I think that is all the performance mods I have to date. I will probably invest in a high quality drive belt too at some point but I was wondering what other people might have done to modify there ETX if they have one of if anyone knows what else is out there. I have looked but I'm finding places don't make much for the ETX.

Any information you have is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,048 Posts
Sounds like you should have just gone ahead and bought the 570. You spent enough on performance add ons to make up the price difference, and still don't have the performance of a 570. :| However, still fun to ride. As for the belt, you won't find a better one than the OEM belt, so don't bother with replacing that until it's actually needed. Have fum modding! :grin

·
Registered
615 Posts
To my knowledge, there isn't a ton of performance options out for the ETX since it was a 1 model year. I think there were a couple members on here who did some clutch mods to help with some low-end power for turning larger tires. As for the belt, the OEM is probably your best bet unless you can find a Gates carbon fiber for the same price. Since the ETX and the 570 share many of the same parts, items such as Hayes LED light pods will fit no problem. May want to check with Ryan at RVS Performance, he may be able to get you set up with a full clutch kit. I am not sure if he ever got a donor quad to do any testing.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I didnt spend much on my 570, even in 2015 when i started to feel the lack of power, getting a 850 or 1000 next year and than i'll start investing on it.

Hope you can fit those parts in your next atv :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I didn't start the modifications till I need to do some maintenance. I snapped the back lock and ride plate flipping it once and it needed some other work so I figured I would spend a bit of money on it. You guys don't think a belt from like EPI is any better than the polaris one? My last polaris belt shredded in less than 3 months, which was a bit disappointing to say the least. I'll be in the market for something bigger in a few years and yes I'll do all the same mods haha :smile

·
Registered
615 Posts
For me personally, the only other belt I would consider would be the Gates Carbon Fiber. For your model it appears that the 20C4022 would be what you'd need. Just make sure to break it in properly and you should be good to go.

·
Super Moderator
7,048 Posts
You can find cheaper belts, but you won't find better belts. Proper break in of your belt is very important to getting a lot of wear out of it. Many folks get many thousands of miles out of the OEM Polaris belts. Guys that race Polaris machines also run OEM Polaris belts, so that should give you an idea about the other options out there. Typically, belt failure is the result of rider error or abuse. I always carry a spare with me just in case...:grin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To my knowledge, there isn't a ton of performance options out for the ETX since it was a 1 model year. I think there were a couple members on here who did some clutch mods to help with some low-end power for turning larger tires. As for the belt, the OEM is probably your best bet unless you can find a Gates carbon fiber for the same price. Since the ETX and the 570 share many of the same parts, items such as Hayes LED light pods will fit no problem. May want to check with Ryan at RVS Performance, he may be able to get you set up with a full clutch kit. I am not sure if he ever got a donor quad to do any testing.
Hey so I talked to Ryan at RVs and he told me that they couldn't make it clutch to increase the performance on this specific model. So he told me to tighten the secondary clutch spring. So I did that I adjusted it to clutch one Helix to which is the tightest it will get. Installed a new Polaris OEM belt and started writing it and it seems like the clutch is clicking if that makes sense. I'm guessing it shouldn't do that. Did I assemble the clutch wrong? I put the spring in the proper holes and then turned the helix counterclockwise maybe a third of a turn quarter of a turn. Also I didn't take the primary clutch off could the shredded Belt have gotten behind it making a noise like that? I thought I'd clean the entire PVD well. I suppose it's possible that it does that and I'm just now noticing it. Again any help you guys have is greatly appreciated thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts