Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Never heard of this but you have my attention.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Clutch kit install on a 570 is as easy as any of the previous value line machines. If you have EBS there is a little more needed in the tool department for swapping out the secondary spring, but it is cheap to get. About $10 worth of threaded rod and a few nuts and washers to make a compression tool. Should take you less than an hour to do the entire swap. There are several companies out there that offer kits for the 570, Dalton is one, EPI, QSC, and possible more. IMO opinion the QSC kits are the best you can get.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I have the Dalton Kit in Mine and yes there was a improvement, maybe more so if I had put on bigger tires, the Dalton kit is a kit for a wide Varity of applications but QSC has a Kit more for what you want, I don't want the bigger tires we are just trail and flat land crazy's so I am gonna look for a kit that is designed for that type of riding
the 850's set up right are like they are on rails in the corners now I want a clutch kit that will come out of the corners like a sprint car on dry dirt with the front end in the air
the Dalton clutch kit is a good all around good improvement overall kit
but now it is time to make different kits for different riding styles and equipment

mike

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
^^ With my QSC clutch kit, I can pull the front end in high doing around 10-15 kmh just by punching the gas.

With the stock clutching I couldn't get the front to lift without pulling up or leaning back alot. At the same time tho, I use my machine 90% for trails, and it is still VERY driveable.

My only regret it I used the 2000 rpm shim, and find it a tad high. But I got used to it pretty quick.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
The QSC kit has a lot more low and mid than the Dalton, and is definitely quicker off the line and out of the corners. The Dalton weights are no where near as aggressive as the QSC. The "mud pro" marketing from QSC is more of a marketing term than a true performance specific use. They make kits for a wide variety of uses and each one is assembled specifically for your wants and needs.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Been wondering about a clutch kit for my 570 also. I mostly trail ride and am somewhat aggressive. Just wondering if I really need a clutch kit. Larger tires (probably 27") might be in the future but that would be it. Not really a big mud bog person, but will do it once in a while. Trails, hill climbs, snow, rocks and 2 up riding is mostly what I do.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
You guts with the 570 are lucky...dalton has a new clutch with adjustable fly weight system...

Scroll down to the dirttrax RZR 570 clip.

Dalton Industries Ltd. - Downloads
That's the RZR kit, not a sportsman kit. Going to be a huge difference in them.
Yes, but they are working on them. The adjustable fly weights should be available for that kit too. I have exchanged a few emails with them, cant wait to se what the future holds.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi,
QSC look like this a great product!

- The type of trail I go to is more gravel, rock, snow, not too much mud.
- I go all the time on federal trail
- My paste is around 30 to 45 mile.
- I will keep the original rim and tires on my 570

1) Some say 0-25mile the QSC is one of the best. Around 40 mile this product is still in the game. I wonder, does it affect the max speed a lot or it doesn’t affect it at all? Can you pls tell me you honest opinion?
2) 2) At 45 mile, would my RPM will be very high like I feel like I don’t have anything left in them of power?
3) How this clutch kit will affect the revolution (RPM),
4) Some say a new adjustment clutch kit is coming from QSC, Do you know when it will be available on the market?

Sorry, I try to explain as best as I can. Hope you understand.
Best regards and thank you for your time
JS

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I understand it all just fine. No problem.

1- You will have significant gains from 0-25 or 30 for sure, and minimal change from there. You may lose 2-3mph on top, but if you've already changed to heavier or larger tires you wont lose any more than you already did.

2- I do not know the top speed of a stock 570, but would guess it to be around 50-55, so at 45 you don't have much left in it no matter what you do to the clutches. That's mostly in the gear case.

3- RPM in a CVT system is maintained relatively the same at any throttle position, no matter the speed due to the nature of the system. The clutches shift up and down in ratio constantly to maintain an designed RPM. So if you are at 4500 at half throttle now you will be very close to that with a new properly set up clutch kit.

4 -No plans for an adjustable kit for polaris from what I know. There really isn't a need for it with the design of their clutches vs the other manufacturers, and unless you are changing elevation drastically on a regular basis or racing, once you set them you never need to adjust them again. And with most of them, a tire change in size only results in a primary spring change, not the weights. And on some of them it's the same setup for 25-26" or 30"+. That is due to the gear you run in. The same kit performs well in high gear with small tires and guys running giant tires usually only run in low where it works perfectly for that setup too.

I have the QSC kits in stock and ready to ship if you are interested in one, let me know. I send everything to Canada USPS so you don't get hit with the brokerage fees from the brown truck. They retail for $239 shipped to Canada.

·
Registered
422 Posts
#2-the 570 will do approx 70mph, not sure that matters much in relation to what your saying but just FYI...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Ridiagain!
I like to be informed before I buy something.
Much appreciated for all the details you mentioned.
I will consider this option in a near future.

Thanks for kme743 to let us know the average top speed.
JS

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thanks Ridiagain!
I like to be informed before I buy something.
Much appreciated for all the details you mentioned.
I will consider this option in a near future.

Thanks for kme743 to let us know the average top speed.
JS
JS, I'm looking into the same for my quad so this thread helped me out too. Thanks

Ridinagain, how much shipped in the states?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
KME743 The 570 kit tot he lower 48 is $10 less, so $229 shipped. Just need to know tire size, and elevation, and what you use it for and I can get it put together for you.

JS_loyer the 500 kits for the most part are the same price as the 570, but under certain conditions they need a new helix and are another $100. (usually 27"+ tires) I will need more specifics. If you and your friend both order together I can ship them free. So if it's stock or has up to 26" tires it will be the same price.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts