Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got me a used 2012 850 eps with 550 miles. 1st problem is clicking in starter that happened when it was below zero and above zero. Did this 3 times so far. 2nd problem starts but dies have to give it throttle to keep running mostly happening around 0 degrees. Did this about 3 times so far. I have installed the odyssey battery and the ngk iridium plugs to try to fix these problems but of course it didn't fix either problem. Do I need to have the ecm reflashed and maybe have the tps adjusted. Also thinking about pulling starter off and cleaning. I haven't adjusted my throttle free play yet so maybe that is some of the problem. it seems like a lot play in throttle. Besides that stuff it's awesome compared to my 550 with no eps. Even though my 09 550 never had these issues. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Starter clicking, if you know your battery is strong, and only happens when below freezing you most likely have part of the rubber boot torn covering the starter…You got some water in it.

Try the throttle adjustment first for the idle problem. go from there.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Was just going to mention the throttle free play. Def where I would start. If the metal is making contact you can turn the key all day and it will never fire.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts