Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Xpress 400 (2WD 2 stroke) that I need new wheels and tires for. I've heard more tire options are available for 12" wheels. Currently it has 23x7x10 up front. I don't recall the size on the rear at the moment, but know they are a 24" tire.

I'm not sure of the lug pattern of these, or where the best place to order wheel and tires. Looking for wheel/tire combos if possible.

Can this 4 wheeler handle going up to a 12" wheel? Would I need to change the hubs our or anything, I ask because I am unsure of bolt pattern changes when moving up a wheel size.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
If it's like the other older machines the rear is a 10" wheel with a 4/4 bolt pattern. I do believe that Delta makes a 12" wheel that will work. I believe the last ones I saw were about $125 for a pair. I can not say what a set of those wheels will do for the wheel track. I have a '94 Trail Boss 400L in the shop. If I remember it I will look at the wheels tomorrow.

With my 325 Magnum with the 4/4 bolt pattern I wanted to go with a newer style 12" wheel. My research showed the adapters had to make up for about 5" of width difference also. So I got CAD drawings from another member of the forum. I have a tool and die maker friend who had too much time on his hands and a CNC end mill. He got the material and we made 2 sets of adapters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts