Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I know this must have been covered before but I'm still stuck on a ship overseas with really bad internet. It's almost impossible to do any kind of search. I hope you guys don't blast me too bad :p

The machine: 2021 570 Base w/EZ steer installed.

I was just about set to order the following:
Rear Wheels Vision Five Fifty 12x8 with 4+4 offset
Front Wheels Vision Five Fifty 12x 7 with 4+3 offset

Rear Tires Bear Claw 26x11-12 (25.92 lbs)
Front Tires Bear Claw 26x9-12 (18.04 lbs)

I am considering the idea of going with the 26x9 tires and 12x7 wheels on all four corners. I already read that 26" tires on the 570 don't require a better clutch but I still like the idea of saving the additional 8 lbs of weight on each of the rear wheels.

All I could find is some people who say nine inchers on all four corners won't do quite as well in mud (not a deal breaker for me) and the rear end may fishtail a bit easier (also not a deal breaker).

I'll be back home in Northern Mi in a few days but will likely order the wheels and tires while I'm still in Japan, so it should only be about a week from now till they arrive.

I'm hoping I can get some current input from someone who runs this way or rides with someone who does. What are your opinions about this?

·
Registered
938 Posts
I'd go for 12x7, 4+3 wheels for sure.

No issues with running the 9" tires on all 4 corners if that's what you want to do.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd go for 12x7, 4+3 wheels for sure.

No issues with running the 9" tires on all 4 corners if that's what you want to do.
Well, after much painful sloooow surfing for the last 4 hours :eek:, I think I was getting hung up on the weight more than I should have. I think I'm gonna go with the more standard set up of the 26x9 front and 26x11 in the rear.

Now I just need to decide on Bear Claw 299 or the HTR version. I don't recall reading much about the 299's....mainly just the HTR;s.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
So you do want the 4+3 offset!!!! You don't NEED a clutch kit for 26". Definitely don't do the 299s. I would go with the Bighorn 2.0s if weight is a concern of yours, as it was mine when I was tire shopping. If you have your mind made up on the HTRs they are a good choice as well.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you do want the 4+3 offset!!!! You don't NEED a clutch kit for 26". Definitely don't do the 299s. I would go with the Bighorn 2.0s if weight is a concern of yours, as it was mine when I was tire shopping. If you have your mind made up on the HTRs they are a good choice as well.
Okay the front wheels will have the 4+3 offset. Since the rear wheels will be 8" wide like stock, the 4+4 offset is okay on the back right? I knew I needed/wanted the 4+3 offset and since this particular wheel is also offered in the 8" width I figured I'd use it on the back.

From what I can tell the Bighorn 2.0s and the HTRs seem to be a couple of the favorite tires out there. I'm mostly hardpack woods trails with the occasional mud,sand and rocks. Jeez, I feel like a broken record...that sounds like an awful lot of folks type of riding :rolleyes: Oh yeah, forgot about the occasional snow too. That happens sometimes in Northern Mi.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
NO DO NOT BUY 4+4 OFFSET WHEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not being a dick just my natural typing style, LOL!!!!!!!!! 4+3 on all 4 corners!!! Ok so the original Bighorns are going to be better in sand then the 2.0s. But the 2.0s will be better in the mud and snow then the originals. IMHO the original and 2.0 are a better tire then the HTRs. Plus I'm not a fan of uni-directional tires like the HTRs.

Reactions: Rob 55

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NO DO NOT BUY 4+4 OFFSET WHEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not being a dick just my natural typing style, LOL!!!!!!!!! 4+3 on all 4 corners!!! Ok so the original Bighorns are going to be better in sand then the 2.0s. But the 2.0s will be better in the mud and snow then the originals. IMHO the original and 2.0 are a better tire then the HTRs. Plus I'm not a fan of uni-directional tires like the HTRs.
Lol, no worries. So whats the reason for not going 4+4 on the 8" rears? Too much stress on bearings and joints?

So you must be recommending 12x7 on all four corners even though my OEM sizes are 12x7 front and 12x8 rear.

Thanks for the help btw

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Just no need for a 4+4. It's a bigger rim and more weight that has no benefit.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
So I run the 2.0s on all three ATVs. 26 tall, 9-fronts, and 11-rears. The 570 and 800 both have 4+3 beadlocks. The 1000 has a different offset but also on beadlocks.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Light

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
9,196 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
9,196 Posts
Boat Cartoon Vertebrate Watercraft Comfort

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
I know 😉!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
THANKS FOR THE HELP bp405!!!!!!!! Lol, seriously....thanks.

I'm glad you saved me from making a mistake on using 4+4 on the rears. I'm gonna go with the 12x7 4+3 wheels all around and the tried and true 26x11 rear and 26x9 front tires.

From what I've read here in many posts, the Bighorn 2.0 and Bear Claw HTR are at the top of the list by well seasoned riders. I think either of them are going to serve me well but this time around I'm going to go with the HTR's.

In about a week I should be able to post a few pics. :cool:

·
Registered
938 Posts
You may see a lot of posts about bighorn 2.0 tires but they are all from BP!!

He gets kick backs from the tire manufacturer for every post he mentions them in.

The thing Bighorn 2.0's are best at is going flat!

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Oh Mike don't get your panties in a bunch. HTRs are a good tire and will serve Rob well!!!!! Listen if he likes that blocky wobbly out of round tire feel that's what he can get, lol. They are a good tire but from what I have observed first hand the 2.0 is a better tire then the HTR. In no way is the HTR a bad tire, many apologies if I made you FEEL that way 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Rob 55

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
THANKS FOR THE HELP bp405!!!!!!!! Lol, seriously....thanks.

I'm glad you saved me from making a mistake on using 4+4 on the rears. I'm gonna go with the 12x7 4+3 wheels all around and the tried and true 26x11 rear and 26x9 front tires.

From what I've read here in many posts, the Bighorn 2.0 and Bear Claw HTR are at the top of the list by well seasoned riders. I think either of them are going to serve me well but this time around I'm going to go with the HTR's.

In about a week I should be able to post a few pics. :cool:
Anytme Rob!!! Honestly the HTR is a great tire!!! Just going to set this seed 😈, I don't know of a GNCC racers running HTRs but they're a ton that run the 2.0s 😉💯❗

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I thought the wheels and tires would be here by now. Went to check on the status and Pure Offroad isn't taking any calls. Stupid me forgot about the "new normal", their text said the wheels wouldn't be in stock for 3-4 weeks and the tires wouldn't be in for 5-6 weeks. WTF

Does anyone know any places that is able to keep more in stock or will at least take a phone call? It sure would be nice if they let you know on their wesite what's in stock like my ammo suppliers do.

Just called Rocky Mountain and they don't have Bear Claw HTR's in stock either :(

Okay bp405, I called Rocky Mountain back and they have the Big Horn 2.0's in stock. I ordered a set of those and a set of Tusk wheels. I'll be glad to have them next week....hopefully :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts