Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, im new here, and dont kno alot about Atv's been a Chef by trade, never got into the mechanics side of things.. Recently I bought myself and my 12 yr old a bike each, I bought me a 2000 Polaris Xplorer 300 4x4 and my son 06 Bomb outlander 330 4x4 , we been riding almost everyday or every chance we have.. the area we live in is just a small town with a ton of super awesome trails... My Bike is an old girl in great condition, belonged to an older fella that used it about 4 times a yr , to get him in and out on his hunting cabin.. so shes in great shape with very low hrs...

So here's my question, I am looking to upgrade the shoes, on my bike to something with allitle more meat and nicer looks aswell.. I found these forsale ;
off a Polaris Razr for $400.00dllrs, will these be ok for me, will they fit without me having to lift the bike ? Thanks in advance !!

TRAILFINDER VISION RADIAL ATV TIRES & VISION ALUMINUM RIMS
AT26X10R15 X 2
AT26X12R15 X 2

·
Registered
729 Posts
What size tires are currently on the machine ?
The 10 and 12 inch width is wide and 15 " rim sounds a little odd for that size machine.
I believe those had something like 23x7x10's on the front and 24x11x10's on the rear coming stock from polaris. Check with your dealer to be sure of the tire size and if those are stock rims you can just pick out a tire you like in the correct size.
I do believe the tire sizes I listed above are correct.
Discount Tire is a vendor on this site and could help you with everything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi JoyRider, currently the ones that's on it are the stock rims & tires, which i looked it up to make sure it was....
Keep in mind there is a ton of clearance with the stock wheels , i believe there is enough there, just wasent sure if anyone has used this size before and if there were any issues with using them aside from clearance !! thnks

Stock's;

Front 23x7x10
Rear 24x11x10

·
Registered
729 Posts
I don't know if the bolt patterns would be anywhere near being close and that is a lot of tire for your machine to turn. I think if anything your best bet would be to check and see if you can get a little bit taller tire with the same width and rim size to go on it.
I can't see how that setup you are looking at could work and if so you will lose a lot of power trying to turn them.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I think the front tires on your machine are 4/156 but the rear is 4/4 because it is a solid rear axle. Also your front tires should stay one inch shorter than the rears to keep the gearing as close as possible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Weasel850 for clarifying what the 4x4 in the bolt pattern was, when i seen the 4x4 i though just that , that it was a 4x4 quad, lol....and had nothing to do with the bolt pattern... duhh.. shows u how much i know !!.. grrrr... so u guys think i should stay away from that purchase then, really i will , since i dont kno much about these kind of things and coming from u guys i will have to appreciate all the input.. i dont want to buy then and regret it .. its off KIJIJI and im sure once i do buy them i will be stuck with them .. im sure the seller could care less whether they work or not...lol thanks again Guys.. i will keep looking for something else.. in reality all i need is some decent rubber.. just though if the price was right and found some nice rims , it would make the bike look allitle nicer...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts