Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been watching craigslist for a used 60" straight plow for my 05 sportsman 700 efi. Atv plows are new to me. Found a glacier for $200. Guy isn't sure if it's a glacier 1 or 2. He said he had it on a 2003 sportsman 500. I'm moving forward assuming its a glacier 1. I can't find a ton of info on the glacier 1. My questions are:
1. With minimal mods can the 03 500 mounting plate be modified to fit my 700?
2. Is the glacier 1 still considered a front mount plow?
3. Is there anywhere online to find replacement parts/part numbers for the glacier 1? Must no longer be made.
4. Is $200 a fair price?
5. How can I tell if it's a glacier 1 or 2?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
3rd one looks like my Yamaha plow on my Bruin :)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
The third one is a Warn posted it by accident and could not get rid of it. I believe there was is a Glacier mid mount, but I have never seen one.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The third one is a Warn posted it by accident and could not get rid of it. I believe there was is a Glacier mid mount, but I have never seen one.

We'll I think I just did see a glacier mid mount. That's what this plow turned out to be that I went and looked at. Manual lift:lame:

I did find another plow that I bought. I'll post pics

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well this is what I got. $165

Polaris mid mount. Turns into a V plow, a straight plow or a combination. I gotta make a mount for my 700. Not sure if the brochure picture I attached it the actual plow but the picture shows what it does.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Looks great for 165 bucks and v plow to boot. Clean it up lubricate it and it will serve you well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts