Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new here and to Polaris somewhat. I am replacing the intake valves on my 2005 Polaris Predator 500 and I ordered the kibblewhite Black Diamond Valves. My question in do I have to do something to the seats to get them to sit right because I know you cant grind the black diamond valves. will it just sit itself in place (Break In)? Could someone please help point me in the right direction. Not to the local machine shop either lol.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:veryhappy:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay I did the valve job today and it runs great and starts right up......the symptom i am having now is at high RPM and i mean like at the very top end it misfires or bogs spits... I did notice that one intake valve had a more clearance than the other...could this be the issue?

·
Registered
203 Posts
did you adjust the rockers right

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took it apart again today to fix the clearance issue I was having with the second intake valve and the clearances are right now...but it still spits at high rpm I think it may be a rev limiter but Im not sure what do you think?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For anyone that may be changing their own valves I just wanted to post the out come of my job. I did not lap or cut these valves or change the springs with the spring kit recommended nor did I change the seats of keepers. The atv runs great except for what I think is the rev limiter at the very top of any gear. Not how you want to be riding your atv all the time anyway but its still annoying. I will post if I have any trouble because I didn't change the springs or any of the other parts I should have changed when replacing the valves. For now the outcome is great and the power and top speed is way better than it was before I didn't think the difference would be that great but it is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How hard was the valve job?? I'm looking to get a second Predator but the seller states it needs a valve job because its hard to start on cold days???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts