Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am downing sizing from a 40 foot toy hauler and 1 ton truck. (for sale) Having the toy hauler and truck limits where you can go play. I WANT to travel with my ATV but do not to tow a ATV trailer or load a ATV into the back of a TRUCK. I plan on spending next summer traveling and want to put my ATV inside a van for traveling.
Camping and fishing are what I plan on and if need be I can sleep in a van.
SO, who has put a Sportsman in a VAN....?????

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, I know for a fact it fits atleast into Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and VW Crafter. What kind of pricerange have you given to the new van?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know for a fact a 2003 honda foreman fits in a late nineties early two thousand ford e series van, with plenty of room. Not sure about a sportsman specifically but I would imagine it would.

·
Registered
134 Posts
That's a huge difference you're coming from and going to. A 40ft toy hauler down to a van... That's like a Lear jet to a hand glider.

·
Registered
434 Posts
^^^^ or a Learjet to a hang glider :eek:oops:

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Well, I know for a fact it fits atleast into Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and VW Crafter. What kind of pricerange have you given to the new van?
Ya sprinter, you want something tall so you can ride it in without taking your melon off. Fords new fullsize transit might be big enough too. Smaller vans might work if you winch it in.

·
Registered
455 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Use one of those new nissan work vans. They are super tall as well.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Any particular reason you don't want to use a truck to haul your quad?

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
NO need for a Sprinter. Ram Promaster > Nissan ice cube looking van thing

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I wouldn't want to pull a muddy machine into where I plan on sleeping. I'd go van and small trailer if it were me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts