Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im reviving a 96 Trail Blazer ES I ran across this vent tube that comes from the top and bottom of the carburetor I wasn't really sure where this went so I just let it hang, well when I fill it up with fuel it begins to leak. Does this have to be higher than the carb or where exactly does this line lead too. Any help would help. I appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
that doesnt look like a vent tube, that looks like it has a fuel filter in line there, unless it is a check valve. where is it leaking fuel from?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not a fuel filter, its more of a one way valve. the hose is about 3/16 to an1/8th inch. somewhere in there. It does say VAC on it I've also updated the picture with the leak.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I bought a rebuild kit for the carb turns out the floats were all crappy and gunked up. The vent should go below the carb with no problem. My problem was it just wouldnt stop the fuel coming in so thats where it went. Hopefully this helps someone out there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is helpful! Craigooo, does your carb have a black plastic elbow just above the idle adjustment screw with a rubber hose on it, if so where does it go?

·
Registered
74 Posts
so it is supposed to go below the carb? i am wondering cause what if you snorkel your atv? doesnt that mean it has to go up?
i have a set up the same way and i just went riding last weekend and found the line melted to my exhaust, so i was wondering if i could make it a long line and make it come up my the headlight pod.

here is what i am talking about i marked it in red

·
Registered
309 Posts
that is just there for a vent or to desperse excess fuel the float was stuck down filling the bowl up and when it was full the float stayed down telling the needle to allow more fuel in the bowl the rubber lines allow the fuel to safely drip or run, in prior to fixing, on the ground away from exhaust and other hot parts. Just run the tubing down to the ground the check valve will not allow water or grime to flow back to the carb

·
Registered
10 Posts
the line going from the black elbow is the one i was referring to. It is connected to your tranny near the dip stick at least it is on my quad. The others are just vents as mentioned above^^^^. Run them together and use a one way valve to keep the water from coming in and in return let the extra gas out on the ground for safety reasons. If you notice gas coming from it,,you need to take a look at your floats and clean your carb,

·
Registered
128 Posts
that is just there for a vent or to desperse excess fuel the float was stuck down filling the bowl up and when it was full the float stayed down telling the needle to allow more fuel in the bowl the rubber lines allow the fuel to safely drip or run, in prior to fixing, on the ground away from exhaust and other hot parts. Just run the tubing down to the ground the check valve will not allow water or grime to flow back to the carb
Keep in mind my daughter's bayou had this hose melt together from the tranny or engine heat. It was super boggy and took me awhile to find the issue. No where for the excess gas to go so was flooding out.

I will automatically know next time.:approve:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts