Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VERY BAD EXPERIENCE with Trumbauer's Motorsports and Polaris Off-Road
Just a heads up and a call out. I have owned 2 850's a 2010 and now a 2019, love them both and haven't had any issues with them other than normal wear. We ride hard too. One other friend has a 570 and another friend had and sportsman 800 now has a 2019 850, and just bought 2 quads for his kids brand new from Trumbauer's Motorsports. A Polaris Outlaw 110 and a Polaris Polaris Phoenix 200. He has owned them for 4 months now. He is not on social media so I wanted to share his story.
The Polaris Phoenix 200 has been in the shop for 3 of the 4 moths of ownership. Issue with it stalling. It has ruined his riding season and has really REALLY put a very dark cloud over Polaris and Trumbauer's Motorsports. Trumbauer's is going through the motions but is definitely not going above and beyond by any means. Countless calls to them and to Polaris with no end in site and a machine he has been making payments on only to have it sitting in the shop not working. No family rides, nothing.
My buddy even asked for his money back in store credit and told them he was going to spend more money on a 570 so he wouldn't have to deal with it anymore....... NOPE..no dice. You just wait 4 weeks for us to get in a new carburetor for a BRAND new machine you bought. We will put that on and see if it fixes the problem...
They installed the new carb and guess what. POS didn't work he has driven out to Trumbauer's Motorsports 5 times dealing with this. That is 45 minutes one way.

Simple math that is 7.5 HOURS OF DRIVING BACK AND FORTH for a machine that he bought brand new, still doesn't work and STILL Polaris Off-Road nor Trumbauer's Motorsports have done anthing to fix it.
Really boggles my mind Polaris Off-Road doesn't step up in this situation and follow their actual brand guidelines and standards which are:
“Support and serve our customers through a commitment to quality”
“Fuel the passion of riders by delivering High-Quality Vehicles and services that enrich
their lives”
“Customer Loyalty”

So far NOT ONE of those statements are true, Horrible HORRIBLE experience all around and that sucks because we were all die hard Polaris Off-Road guys. Now after this seeing a friend go through this and being written off by both really freaking sucks.
Come on Polaris Off-Road and Trumbauer's Motorsports do the right thing and give him his money back for that pice of SH*T you sold him..It has gotten to the point of being completely absurd.
Sorry for the long post, had to share, if you want to read the full story from my buddy he has a 3 page word document of exactly what has been happening. this is the cliff note version.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
So let's get this straight, person purchases a quad, which then has a problem. Dealership attempts to fix it under warranty, and fix is unsuccessful. Customer starts screaming for money back, which dealer declines. Customer thinks crying all over social media will fix the problem.

Also, how does this have anything to do with Polaris? Every brand has problems, that's what a warranty is for.

I just bought a Honda Talon, for Honda's reliability, and it has had 3 shop visits in a month. Is what it is.

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Just a heads up and a call out. I have owned 2 850's a 2010 and now a 2019, love them both and haven't had any issues with them other than normal wear. We ride hard too. One other friend has a 570 and another friend had and sportsman 800 now has a 2019 850, and just bought 2 quads for his kids brand new from Trumbauer's Motorsports. A Polaris Outlaw 110 and a Polaris Polaris Phoenix 200. He has owned them for 4 months now. He is not on social media so I wanted to share his story.
The Polaris Phoenix 200 has been in the shop for 3 of the 4 moths of ownership. Issue with it stalling. It has ruined his riding season and has really REALLY put a very dark cloud over Polaris and Trumbauer's Motorsports. Trumbauer's is going through the motions but is definitely not going above and beyond by any means. Countless calls to them and to Polaris with no end in site and a machine he has been making payments on only to have it sitting in the shop not working. No family rides, nothing.
My buddy even asked for his money back in store credit and told them he was going to spend more money on a 570 so he wouldn't have to deal with it anymore....... NOPE..no dice. You just wait 4 weeks for us to get in a new carburetor for a BRAND new machine you bought. We will put that on and see if it fixes the problem...
They installed the new carb and guess what. POS didn't work he has driven out to Trumbauer's Motorsports 5 times dealing with this. That is 45 minutes one way.

Simple math that is 7.5 HOURS OF DRIVING BACK AND FORTH for a machine that he bought brand new, still doesn't work and STILL Polaris Off-Road nor Trumbauer's Motorsports have done anthing to fix it.
Really boggles my mind Polaris Off-Road doesn't step up in this situation and follow their actual brand guidelines and standards which are:
“Support and serve our customers through a commitment to quality”
“Fuel the passion of riders by delivering High-Quality Vehicles and services that enrich
their lives”
“Customer Loyalty”

So far NOT ONE of those statements are true, Horrible HORRIBLE experience all around and that sucks because we were all die hard Polaris Off-Road guys. Now after this seeing a friend go through this and being written off by both really freaking sucks.
Come on Polaris Off-Road and Trumbauer's Motorsports do the right thing and give him his money back for that pice of SH*T you sold him..It has gotten to the point of being completely absurd.
Sorry for the long post, had to share, if you want to read the full story from my buddy he has a 3 page word document of exactly what has been happening. this is the cliff note version.
And that 3-4 months is lost on your 6 month warranty! :mad:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So let's get this straight, person purchases a quad, which then has a problem. Dealership attempts to fix it under warranty, and fix is unsuccessful. Customer starts screaming for money back, which dealer declines. Customer thinks crying all over social media will fix the problem.

Also, how does this have anything to do with Polaris? Every brand has problems, that's what a warranty is for.

I just bought a Honda Talon, for Honda's reliability, and it has had 3 shop visits in a month. Is what it is.
Thanks for the summary. You missed the entire point of the post though.
1. He bought a new machine
2. It has been in the shop for 3 of the 4 months of ownership it has 1 trail ride on it
3. It has everything to do with Polaris. Specially when your brand message is about the customer, the experience and customer loyalty.

So saying he is crying about this and that, is pretty shitty on your part dude. But keyboard warriors are going to comment I get it. Yes he also lost 3 months of that warranty you are talking about.

A new machine is broken and you say it is what it is? Good for you there bud, social media posting was the last resort, Yes people need to know so they don't go through the same shit. I have this posted other places and a ton of people are commenting they are going through the same thing.

So if one person reads this that is on the fence about buying a POLARIS Phoenix 200. They are a little more educated from first hand experience. Now they know they might have issues. and to go buy a Yamaha. That is the point.

·
11,675 Posts
Too bad he didn't do his homework BEFORE buying. He would have found out that both machines are cheap Chinese junk with Polaris stickers on them. Polaris does not build them. They are made in China for Polaris and sold at exorbitant prices. The parts are NOT available to even fix them after a couple years. Not worth the powder it would take to blow them up! If he ever gets them running long enough he needs to get rid of them asap.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Too bad he didn't do his homework BEFORE buying. He would have found out that both machines are cheap Chinese junk with Polaris stickers on them. Polaris does not build them. They are made in China for Polaris and sold at exorbitant prices. The parts are NOT available to even fix them after a couple years. Not worth the powder it would take to blow them up! If he ever gets them running long enough he needs to get rid of them asap.
Yeah, lesson learned!! hence this post, to let others know..

·
Registered
2017 Sportsman 850SP
913 Posts
Polaris and the dealer should step up. If they don't want to refund him they should at least fix the damn thing and reset the warranty to start in 2021, same month as original purchase since he lost this season of riding and won't be riding much during the winter.

polman500... if Polaris is slapping a sticker on Chinese junk then they are not keeping to their standards. They should ensure that the Chinese products they are selling as "Polaris" live up to the brand name and end user expectation. I didn't know that they were Chinese and I'm very disappointed that they would do that.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Yeah, lesson learned!! hence this post, to let others know..
Don't you guys have a "lemon law" in your state? Go after them that way. I did a Yamaha ATV years ago, got my money back (choice of that or another new machine) after a year-long battle. I will never go back to that dealer; I totally blame the dealer, not Yamaha.
You will need excellent documentation and records of what you and dealer have done.

Reactions: goondock

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't you guys have a "lemon law" in your state? Go after them that way. I did a Yamaha ATV years ago, got my money back (choice of that or another new machine) after a year-long battle. I will never go back to that dealer; I totally blame the dealer, not Yamaha.
You will need excellent documentation and records of what you and dealer have done.
Thanks, I believe he looked into it but I think it only pertains to auto, not atv? Not positive. I will make sure he looks into it. Thanks. He has been documenting it from the beginning.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Thanks, I believe he looked into it but I think it only pertains to auto, not atv? Not positive. I will make sure he looks into it. Thanks. He has been documenting it from the beginning.
OR - even small claims court - might even be an easier task given really good documentation and records. I would not hesitate to go after a bad dealer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This came up before that the lemon law is not for ATV. But thought is was a national law not state.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just a heads up and a call out. I have owned 2 850's a 2010 and now a 2019, love them both and haven't had any issues with them other than normal wear. We ride hard too. One other friend has a 570 and another friend had and sportsman 800 now has a 2019 850,
Goondock how many miles are on the Polaris that you talk about above and how long have you had them? I'm talking about the Polaris's not the china imports.

·
11,675 Posts
Goondock how many miles are on the Polaris that you talk about above and how long have you had them? I'm talking about the Polaris's not the china imports.
The Polaris Phoenix 200 and Outlaw 110 are BOTH cheap inferior Chinese imports made for Polaris IN China and neither one has a speedo I don't think.

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
It all comes down to "Your warranty is only as good as your dealer" - the cheap Chinese junk is actually very reliable as far as the engine is concerned - where the Chinese machines are lacking is in the drive line, electrics and metallurgy.

The Phoenix is made by Aeon in Tianan City in Taiwan

Brief history of the Polaris/Aeon collusion:

2000■ Introduced Cobra 50/90 cc ATVs in the USA market
■ Started OEM/ODM for POLARIS
2003■ 50/90cc youth ATVs became the number 1 selling youth ATV in the USA
2004■ Introduced Taiwan's first 2WD shaft-driven ATV with the Phoenix 200
2007■ Outlaw 50/90 (Youth, Sport) and Sportsman 90 (Youth, Utility) ATVs now conforms with USA EPA/CARB regulation; remained the top seller in the youth section
2009■ Introduced Crossland 350 utility ATV, 4WD shaft-driven to the market
■ Ranger RZR 170 UTV became the top seller of its class, and one of the four most innovative Polaris product

The association continues to the present and while not mentioned, the Hawkeye is also an Aeon product and basically a twin to the Phoenix.

Like most Chinese products, parts are discontinued within just a few years of manufacture. If Polaris fails to foresee the demand of certain parts, the replacement parts are discontinued long before the finished product has reached the end of it's economic life. While planned obsolescence in the US might be 10 years, it's 2 years in China - this assures a continued demand for new improved designs.

Computers, cell phones, scooters, small ATV's and dirt bikes have the shortest life expectancy - televisions, microwave ovens, street designed motorcycles and certain small appliances will last the longest with the least problems, but it's all related to quality control. The seller of the product is the final quality control.

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
It all comes down to "Your warranty is only as good as your dealer" - the cheap Chinese junk is actually very reliable as far as the engine is concerned - where the Chinese machines are lacking is in the drive line, electrics and metallurgy.

The Phoenix is made by Aeon in Tianan City in Taiwan

Brief history of the Polaris/Aeon collusion:

2000■ Introduced Cobra 50/90 cc ATVs in the USA market
■ Started OEM/ODM for POLARIS

2003■ 50/90cc youth ATVs became the number 1 selling youth ATV in the USA
2004■ Introduced Taiwan's first 2WD shaft-driven ATV with the Phoenix 200

2007■ Outlaw 50/90 (Youth, Sport) and Sportsman 90 (Youth, Utility) ATVs now conforms with USA EPA/CARB regulation; remained the top seller in the youth section

2009■ Introduced Crossland 350 utility ATV, 4WD shaft-driven to the market
■ Ranger RZR 170 UTV became the top seller of its class, and one of the four most innovative Polaris product

The association continues to the present and while not mentioned, the Hawkeye is also an Aeon product and basically a twin to the Phoenix.

Like most Chinese products, parts are discontinued within just a few years of manufacture. If Polaris fails to foresee the demand of certain parts, the replacement parts are discontinued long before the finished product has reached the end of it's economic life. While planned obsolescence in the US might be 10 years, it's 2 years in China - this assures a continued demand for new improved designs.

Computers, cell phones, scooters, small ATV's and dirt bikes have the shortest life expectancy - televisions, microwave ovens, street designed motorcycles and certain small appliances will last the longest with the least problems, but it's all related to quality control. The seller of the product is the final quality control.
That’s true Latebird. Bought the boy a Tao Tao 110 when he was 7. It really was garbage but the motor always started and ran strong!

·
11,675 Posts
That’s true Latebird. Bought the boy a Tao Tao 110 when he was 7. It really was garbage but the motor always started and ran strong!
I've got no problem with Tao Tao. Great little beginner machines. They are cheap, parts are plentiful and low cost and they will run very well for a very long time with a little maintenance. The Polaris Chinese machines on the other hand are exorbitantly overpriced for what they are, parts are hard to find even at a Polaris parts distributor, way too high. The machines also run like crap if they run at all right from new.

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Oh yeah I agree polman. Just saying that Tao Tao engine did fine, was the better part of that machine! The rest, well it seemed I had to fix something on it every time and just when I had all the bugs worked out he’d outgrown it. But it was pretty cheap money. Can’t say enough for his next. It was a Kymco 150. That thing was bullet proof and never once had a hiccup. Only needed oil changes. Polaris Dealer was very happy to take that in trade in for his Sportsman 450 HO.

·
11,675 Posts
Yeah, I've got a buddy that ran up on a deal on a Kymco mxu450. He brought it to me to go through as soon as he got it. First one I'd been around. VERY solid machine. Well made and plenty of pep. I was impressed.

The company was founded in 1963 after splitting from Honda. KYMCO originally made parts for Honda. The company built its first complete scooter in 1970 and began marketing under the "KYMCO" brand name in 1992. In the 2000s, Kymco became the largest scooter manufacturer in Taiwan, and the fifth largest scooter manufacturer worldwide.[1] In early 2008, KYMCO was chosen by BMW to supply the engines for their G450 X Enduro bike.[2] The optional range extender in the BMW i3 is also supplied by Kymco.[3] In late 2013, Kawasaki announced that their new J300 scooter is manufactured in partnership with Kymco. It is based on a Kymco Downtown 300i.[4]

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Yeah, I've got a buddy that ran up on a deal on a Kymco mxu450. He brought it to me to go through as soon as he got it. First one I'd been around. VERY solid machine. Well made and plenty of pep. I was impressed.

The company was founded in 1963 after splitting from Honda. KYMCO originally made parts for Honda. The company built its first complete scooter in 1970 and began marketing under the "KYMCO" brand name in 1992. In the 2000s, Kymco became the largest scooter manufacturer in Taiwan, and the fifth largest scooter manufacturer worldwide.[1] In early 2008, KYMCO was chosen by BMW to supply the engines for their G450 X Enduro bike.[2] The optional range extender in the BMW i3 is also supplied by Kymco.[3] In late 2013, Kawasaki announced that their new J300 scooter is manufactured in partnership with Kymco. It is based on a Kymco Downtown 300i.[4]
All true. I had an MXU500 while he had the 150. It was heavy but extremely well made. If your building motors for BMW that’s saying something!
98B5BF29-06BB-4707-9187-2A1037BAE94C.png

1 - 20 of 37 Posts