Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have posted this before, can't remember. Here's a short clip of what the Looney Tuned exhaust (with "quiet" core) sounds like on an 850 with a thumb-full of throttle :D Sounds like a NASCAR Cup car in person :hail:

Video was taken at Hatfield McCoy's Pocahontas trail system.

·
Registered
190 Posts
How much difference does the quiet core make?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Can u tell any difference in power with the lte? I've been wantin a exhaust just don't know which one

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can u tell any difference in power with the lte? I've been wantin a exhaust just don't know which one
If it makes any difference in power, IMO, it's not enough to notice...but the exhaust note is great on the 850.

The "quiet" core lowers the noise a few dB, but honestly, I can't tell much of a difference...which is why I used quotes around quiet ;)

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Hmmmm...... with the word "tuned" in the name I thought it would be a mellower purr in tone!! Hope you enjoy it..... as I can't say I'll be rushing out to get one! :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
It sounds kinda high pitch in the video it sounds good though. Does it have a deeper sound in person?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It sounds kinda high pitch in the video it sounds good though. Does it have a deeper sound in person?
Yes, it has a deep, thumper sound in person.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a looney tuned on my 850. It sounds amazing in person.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Has anyone heard a mbrp on the 850? I've seen good reviews on the looney tuned I've yet to hear anything on the mbrp

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Hmmmm...... with the word "tuned" in the name I thought it would be a mellower purr in tone!! Hope you enjoy it..... as I can't say I'll be rushing out to get one! :D
Let's face it Matthew, it sounds like crap and shouldn't be allowed in the woods. Why do people just have to make noise? If they want to make noise they should go to a racetrack, and not disturb the people who go to the woods for peace and quiet

·
Registered
190 Posts
Lol I get my peace and quite n the woods when I'm hunting which is anytime season is open pretty much I don't see nothin wrong with Makin a little noise when ur riding with ur buddies just my $.02

·
Registered
610 Posts

Let's face it Matthew, it sounds like crap and shouldn't be allowed in the woods. Why do people just have to make noise? If they want to make noise they should go to a racetrack, and not disturb the people who go to the woods for peace and quiet

I don't go riding for peace and quite by any stretch of the imagination. But I'll agree that the 850 sounds like crap when it's any louder than stock...including the stock Scrambler XP exhaust. But that's just my opinion so if you like it, you like it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Anybody that rides a quad and complains about noise is a hypocrite. They are all noisy. Some sound good some don't. You want real peace and quiet go for a hike or try hunting. Quads are supposed to be fun. I'm glad there are opinions but c'mon. Dwhst9 they always sound so much better in person. Videos don't do them justice. I have a Big Gun slip on and I had to put the big quiet core in it to get it back down to stock db's but gives it a much better sound than stock. It was out of control how loud it was without a quiet core. My buddy heard it without and he said it sounded like a pro stock car at our race track.:eek:

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My $.02:

I feel safer riding with a louder exhaust knowing that oncoming riders can hear me coming into a blind turn, switchback, etc., or they can hear me making my way up the hillclimb they are getting ready to descend. It's also been nice when we catch slower groups of riders. They yield and let us pass by.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I've been saying it for years. A good sounding exhaust is great. An obnoxious one is simply annoying and hurts our sport. Everyone who I've met that loves that obnoxious, ridiculous loud sound is an attention whore. A blatant desperation for others to notice you. Small penis complex comes to mind. Lol

Personally I think that thing sounds like crap. Sort of like the sound of just removing the muffler all together. My .02

I would be embarrassed to be riding with someone on that.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anyhow, for those of you that have been PMing me asking for a sound clip, there you have it.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Anybody that rides a quad and complains about noise is a hypocrite. They are all noisy. Some sound good some don't. You want real peace and quiet go for a hike or try hunting. Quads are supposed to be fun. I'm glad there are opinions but c'mon. Dwhst9 they always sound so much better in person. Videos don't do them justice. I have a Big Gun slip on and I had to put the big quiet core in it to get it back down to stock db's but gives it a much better sound than stock. It was out of control how loud it was without a quiet core. My buddy heard it without and he said it sounded like a pro stock car at our race track.:eek:

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
Yes, they are all noisy to an extent and that's the point, why make them louder and obnoxious with some aftermarket muffler. You can have fun on a quad with the factory muffler.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I wish someone made an exhaust that toned down the exhaust note. I don't want or need additional attention, my wife is satisfied with my package size, and I'm 6'2" 225lbs so I don't have a "little man" complex...

I just want something with a lower tone, at or below stock decibel levels... There has to be a market for that, but I can't find a product that keeps the exhaust note quiet and produces a low tone.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't like a really loud obnoxious exhaust that's got a high pitch sound but I like a good deep sound maybe a touch louder than stock but not much. As far as the attention goes I don't care if people notice me or not i could care less alot of ppl buy aftermarket wheels, lift kits, bigger tires some ppl do things to get attention some do it just because that's what they like I got aftermarket wheels because I like the way they look if I had a exhaust (which wouldn't be obnoxious loud) it would be because I like it I could care less what anybody else thinks...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts