Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm old, but new to the group and young at heart just purchased a 2013 Polaris sportsman 500 ho and would like to put a plow on it before the snow flies. I would appreciate yours views on a compatible snowplow for the machine.
Also should I hold off on using a plow on a new machine for 25hrs or?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
222 Posts
It would be a good idea to put some hours on it before plowing with it. Although if you keep it in low while plowing and take it easy it should be fine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I haVe the same bike I considered glacier III or warn pro vantage plow system I still haven't decided on which one I like the warn ability to change into a bucket to pick things up for the farm I am purchasing before christmas

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I ordered the pro vantage plow system for it. Done a lot of research and seems the way to go for strength and flexibility can turn it in to a front end loader. My only beef is i ordered the KFI winch mount and warn plows said it won't bolt up together so I guess I need to order the warn winch mount looks weak..any one have the KFI mount and the warn pro vantage front mount set up? The KFI is a lot more heavy duty. Hope I don't have to . I have the same machine only the touring model. Any and all info would be great. I'm new to the world of ATV but loving it so far. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I do not have any previous experience with atv's or the plows, but I like the idea of the mid mount plow. The mount plate slides off in the spring, slides back on for winter, and it puts the force of the plow on the middle of the frame, rather than hanging off the front frame of the machine.

I would get some hours on it if you car, and as said, plow in low.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Should be OK to use the plow during the break in as long as you follow the procedure in the manual. Option two is, ride the hell out of that thing and get the 25 hours before the next snow fall. I think it took me about 8 days to make the 25 hours. Go out have have some fun. Most dealers will tell you 20 - 25 hours for that first service.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Whatever you do, DO NOT tach it out in Low during break in, vary the RPM's, read the manual.

Congrats.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just looked and I have 10.8 hours and 148 miles on it I'm thinking play hooky from work and do a roader thanks for the input the damn J .O. B . gets in the way of good timing!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Viper/Denali snow plow. 329.99 to your door. Mount, push tube, 54" blade.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Decent amount of miles for that many hours. Maybe I just ride slow.

·
Registered
729 Posts
KFI
VIPER
EAGLE
WARN

They all make a nice plow system to pick from.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts