Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday I received a front and rear bumper for my 2015 570. All in all they are very nice and rugged. But the front bumper was delivered chipped, and the bolt that is used for the upper most support is too large and too short. And the rear bumper didn't give me the proper bolts either.

What concerns me is that I tried contacting the atvauperstore when I ordered them about the dimensions of it via email and voice mail and never heard back. And i emailed them again about the chipped paint.

Am I the only one with these issues???

Thanks

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Others on this site have had issues with the same bumpers. Knock offs are never as good as the real product. Good luck.

Ronnie

·
Premium Member
9,789 Posts
I'm saying this sincerely return them and order yourself the original Guru bumper.

·
Registered
860 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Will take a little longer to get the Guru but you will have no paint chips and it will fit right the first time.

Ronnie

·
Registered
993 Posts
Save yourself the nightmare and return them as soon as you can. Not much good to be said about those bumpers or the people handling them. Go with guru or OEM.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
If you want to get a hold of theATVsuperstore. try PMing "thor" on here. he owns it. He was very helpful when I ordered my rear trunk/seat. so a lack of customer service is unusual. Beyond that, I can't disagree with the previous statements about the GURU bumpers.

·
Premium Member
2,426 Posts
Well the Guru can be had any way you want it. You don't have to have the expanded metal.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just placed my order for a guru after reading all the horror stories on the Viking, John told me 5 week wait, but that's ok.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Well I think the guru is ugly with the expanded metal. That's why I didn't buy one
You can custom order any way you want. It does not have to have the expanded metal. I have 2 of his bumpers and I just got the plain black with nothing extra on it. If you will go to his website you can look and see what he has or give him a call. It does take a while to get the bumper but well worth the wait. There have been a few on here beside you who are very unhappy with the Viking. Have you even tried to see if it will fit yet. Most have had bad fitment problems and returned them

Ronnie

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Viking= cheap knock off.
Get a Guru ordered how u want it and be patient

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I mounted them both. They look awesome and the bumpers welds are good looking minous the paint chip. They fit perfect but the hardware wasn't correct and the retailer isn't getting back to me. I think I'll have to talk to the manufacturer.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just installed my front and rear Gurus 3 days ago. Fit perfectly. No expanded metal. I ordered the shortened version of the Python because of my plow mount.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well I think the guru is ugly with the expanded metal. That's why I didn't buy one

Defiantly your own opinion but like "phil" said, you can order it without. But since you already made your choice and received your new product, Congrats! Hopefully you can get "those once again, never ending issues that viking bumpers lately seem to have", resolved. Read up on the past threads....you'll see........To bad this has to happen. They aren't bad looking bumpers......its the principal of what "they" did that most here frown upon...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ascag,

I have a 15' 570 which has the mounting holes incorporated into he frame. I also have the glacier pro system and Polaris 2500lb winch like you. I am going to place an order for front and rear guru's soon. Will I still need the shortened version??

Thanks!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ascag,

I have a 15' 570 which has the mounting holes incorporated into he frame. I also have the glacier pro system and Polaris 2500lb winch like you. I am going to place an order for front and rear guru's soon. Will I still need the shortened version??

Thanks!
I'm not sure. If I'm not mistaken, your plow mount is part of the frame. It all depends on where your front mounts are located. My guess is that the full Python will get in the way. Maybe someone with a 2015 570 and guru Python can chime in here.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So are the viking bumpers actually made by Ricochet? Which Ive noticed a lot of people with guru bumpers have Ricochet a arm guards.... So bad pumpers good armor?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
So are the viking bumpers actually made by Ricochet? Which Ive noticed a lot of people with guru bumpers have Ricochet a arm guards.... So bad pumpers good armor?
It seems that way.

If you have a question about the plow and Guru bumpers just give John a call. He will be very helpful.

Ronnie

·
Registered
179 Posts
Can't speak to the Vikings, which I believe are made by ricochet, but ricochet armor in my opinion is the best available.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts