Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a Viking Brush Guard a couple weeks ago. Quickly took a crappy cell phone pic (was in a hurry to ride). Will post better pics with more angles when I get time but here it is:

His n Hers.jpg

It was packaged to drop out of an airplane. Took longer to take it out of the package/bubble wrapping than it did to install it. This beast is SOLID. Fit flawlessly. High quality. Very happy.

THANKS THOR!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just curious - did you install the rear guard as well, or just the front? I just installed my rear guard today and the holes were different than what the instructions described and the hardware that was included. I didn't know if it was because they changed the 14s.

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
978 Posts
in the market for a front bumper myself. How hard was instalation? would love to see more pics

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
ngiovas- I have the Moose rear bumper that has yet to be installed so can't comment on the Viking rear.

jjack88- Install was EASY and everything lined up and fit PERFECT. My wife's sportsman has the Polaris Deluxe guard and the Viking makes it look/feel like a tinker toy. It was easier to install as well. Will get more pics up when I get a chance, but it might be a week or two. My favorite part is the cutout Polaris logo plate which was optional but it looks sweet.

·
Registered
978 Posts
very cool ill b looking them up

·
Registered
101 Posts
Those are made by guru right?
Viking is different than Guru. Slightly different, but similar. Don't take nearly as long to get either.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Yes made by Guru...

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NOT made by Guru. Mine came with a pair of stickers from the fabrication shop that made them, but I don't remember the name at the moment.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Looks good! Those do look sharp... love the laser cut logo!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
so did the guru ones get copied.....they look the same or close....

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like my guru, just put it on Saturday. they do look identical. I do like the Polaris symbol on the Viking.
I also like Guru. The Polaris cut logo is what made me go Viking when I first saw it I wanted one. Have several accessories to install on the wifes sportsman so willl take some more/better pics once all the items are installed later this week :beer:

·
Registered
978 Posts
I think the word you are looking for is "stolen".
I wldnt say stolen. I mean its a front bumper. How many different styles can company's make? Eventually one is gonna look similar to another. And it looks similar to guru because guru is one of the better brands.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I think the word you are looking for is "stolen".
I wldnt say stolen. I mean its a front bumper. How many different styles can company's make? Eventually one is gonna look similar to another. And it looks similar to guru because guru is one of the better brands.
I wouldn't call it borrowed, it's an exact copy. It is a shame John did not patent the design.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Very nice bumper...and you didn't have to wait 2-3 months.

This is a competitive world we live in and if you cant step up your game to stay ahead of the curve, you better believe there's a line of people waiting to take your spot.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very nice bumper...and you didn't have to wait 2-3 months.

This is a competitive world we live in and if you cant step up your game to stay ahead of the curve, you better believe there's a line of people waiting to take your spot.
Thanks!
Turn around was pretty quick, basically what Thor said it would be. There was a slight hold up with the logo plate but that issue as been remedied now and it was only an extra couple days. From my consumer standpoint I could care less about the politics involved in the whole Guru/Viking thing and I purchased what I liked best. Best mod I've ever done to ANY atv I've owned.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts