Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Predator 90. The VIN sticker(s) are worn. The Serial number on the engine/Transmission is: AR07069941. The readable digits on the VIN are: ????A09C23T?69941. I tried using the digits in the service manual example for digits 1-4,12 (RF3E,0) but a VIN lookup didn't work. I am trying to register it to make it trail legal, but the DNR are being negative stereotypical government employees. Anyone have a suggestion to find the VIN using the info I have?

image002.jpg

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Mark, I was wondering if you found a solution to your problems with the VIN number on your Polaris Predator? We just bought a used one for our granddaughter and are having the same issue. I thought you might be able to give us some insight on how to solve this issue.
Thanks! Chris & Karen

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
@DewinIt - the VIN is embossed into a plate typically riveted to the frame - generally the Chinese put that plate on the front of the frame between the forward tubes - sometimes it's on one of the forward frame tubes and I have seen a few with it either under the seat or on one of the rear frame tubes

It will normally start with an R for China or an L for Taiwan - 17 digits long and the 10th digit identifies the year model.

Let me know if you find it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts