Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I joined the site in 2011 and was wondering if someone could help me out with checking out a vin# to a Polaris I was looking at buying.The seller gave me this vin# 4XAZX8XA59A259984.When I input it in the Polaris website it said "Your VIN was not listed in our database. Please recheck VIN, or contact customer service." Has anybody ran across anything like this before or could it possibly be a wrong number or letter in the vin he gave me?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
possibly he gave a wrong Vin....maybe missed or read wrong a number letter

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.That's what I was thinking also.He is emailing a few pics of the vin also.I will post them up when I get them.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Seventeen digits,.........one must be in error

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
well the vin is suppose to be 17 digits....but that one does not work....on the vin check site ..its says enter your 17 digit vin

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I looked at it....the light on the numbers makes it hard..he could of cleaned it better an ran some chalk on the numbers to high light them...lol...

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
call polaris ....lol....what year is it.....he should have the certificate of origin....polaris gives one with each machine....it has the vin an serial on it....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Supposed to be a 2010.Unfortunately the seller doesn't have the title which is why I am trying to search it out as much as possible.Hopefully call Polaris tomorrow and see what they say.Not sure why it wouldn't be showing up by doing the vin search on their site.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
yes if it was them numbers it should show up..i typed mine in an got the history of it....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
al53,

Did you look at each number closely and see any that you didn't think were the number he gave me? I tried over and over and can't find anything that doesn't look like the numbers he gave me.I was hoping someone could catch something I missed.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Get in touch with blueline.....he can run it for you.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I looked at them close....some are letters an some numbers....but the glare does not help....and sorta dirty ..a scratch could make a 1 look like a 4...lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts