Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New here and hope you can help. Grandsons given a Predator 50 but the Vin information is worn off. How can I find out what year it was made so I can replace the exhaust system?

Thanks,
Malichi

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. The man that give it to them lives in another part of the state and didn't send the title with the Polaris. The boys are 6 & 9 so I guess he didn't think they would need it. I don't know his name or address. I know his boys outgrew it and he gave it to a friend to give to my grandsons. I'm sure I could find him if I had to. I had hoped someone would say the same muffler would fit all Predator 50s. If I don't get a response from the forum that would help me physically I.D. the year I'll try to find him.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
That vin should be stamped into the frame rail around the front. It will be on the frame tubing that the sterring stem goes thru. The 10th digit will represent the year model. If it is hard to read wire brush it and put a piece of paper over it and rub it with a pencil.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah, I just thought it sounded like a stolen machine because vin numbers don't just "wear off."

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My bad! Thanks tt425 for telling me where to look. I though it was on the side frame. With my old eyes I had to get my wife had to read it to me. Turns out that the 10th digit was a 4 so that would be a 2004 Predator. Thanks again for the help. After reading the post again I can see why map.isme thought it might be stolen. I may not work as good as I use to but I'm still here thanks to the good Lord!

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
You are welcome

1 - 8 of 8 Posts