Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

To set the stage on my question, I am coming from a 2016 Highlifter 850. I sold that and took a cooling period and bought a 2015 570 ESP. Awesome machine, and a blast to ride dry trails. However here's my question. I was riding in deep snow and doing some plowing yesterday, and noticed the machine was doing a lot of shaking and vibrating when in the deeper snow (and in AWD). I guess the best way to describe it is like a violent rapid shaking/hopping. I would try and give it more gas and that would sometime help, but almost make it worse other times.

My 850 definitely did not do that. Is there a downgraded 4-wheel drive system on the 570 vs the 850's?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Was the snow "tacky" (snowball weather/material type snow) or "powdery"?/ Also, factory / less aggressive tires or mud / aggressive tread tires?? I ask as I've experienced this with my 800 in tacky snow with aggressive tires before, while pulling a load (the kids on a sled).... it starts to 'hop' (shake / chatter) as you gain and loose traction.

Yes, I believe there is a slight difference or 'ratio' in the AWD systems.

I know this isn't a complete answer, but rather to show it show others have experienced it. And I feel it to be a normal condition from my experience with 4X4 / AWD systems in snowy conditions with both ATV's & Pickups .

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great question, honestly it was power snow just a LOT of it. I have a new set of original bearclaw. You nailed it - it's like a hop/shake/chatter. Feels like I'm about to snap a driveline, or the 4 wheel drive cannot makes it mind up, like the power is oddly distributed. I may call Polaris directly on this one.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
If you get a good answer, please post it here to inform the rest of us please!

Good Luck! :fing02:

·
Registered
268 Posts
In the right snow conditions my 850 and 1000 will do this as well. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with your machine. When mine does it I let off the gas-it feels like the driveline will snap/break if I don’t make it stop doing it- I have also experienced the same thing in 4x4 pickups. Also at truck pulls you see the trucks doing this as well- they start to “hop”. I don’t have an answer on what actually causes this so I’ll be curious what Polaris says.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the same experience this past weekend in the snow. At one point as I was going uphill I leaned over and could see the front wheel chattering. I left off the throttle a little and it stopped. Wonder if this only happens in snow? I have a new 2017 570 X2.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
In deep snow you get the hop I think from the front wheels being slowed by pushing snow, theres a grip and slip thats happening between the front and rear that uses all the drive line slack.
Mine does it too, usually changing speeds helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts