Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading a lot lately about the voltage regulators and stator failures on these 570's. Is that mainly on the 2017 version? Does anybody here have a 2016 that has had these issues?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does anyone know if the supposed new and improved regulator from the 2019 models will fit prior year models? Or are we forced to keep using the prone to failure old model? I was very fortunate my machine didn't catch fire when mine failed

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Does anyone know if the supposed new and improved regulator from the 2019 models will fit prior year models? Or are we forced to keep using the prone to failure old model? I was very fortunate my machine didn't catch fire when mine failed
Yes the newer version will fit but you’d have to buy the VR and the harness is seperate. Both parts way overpriced and I doubt quality is improved. Much better options out there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put a rzr regulator on mine and with some modifications it fit perfect. it has been flawless and the voltage is much more stable

(failed at 350 miles and now has 1400)
(2017 model year)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes the newer version will fit but you’d have to buy the VR and the harness is seperate. Both parts way overpriced and I doubt quality is improved. Much better options out there.
Can you enlighten us on those "other options" that are available? I would like to replace mine now while it still works instead of 50 miles out on the trails with no cell phone service.:wink

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
VR’s now in my Atv’s are from RicksMotorSport Electrics and were originally designed for RZR’s. They have just modified the wiring harness and are making them for Sportsman’s.

·
Premium Member
9,726 Posts
Reactions: Desertdave

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
VR’s now in my Atv’s are from RicksMotorSport Electrics and were originally designed for RZR’s. They have just modified the wiring harness and are making them for Sportsman’s.
Thanks for that insight, looks like I'm going to pay Ricks a visit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
9,726 Posts
My fuel injectors are Bosch, Polaris should use more Bosch components!!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just trying my best to keep this bike at its fullest potential, I go on some very long rides where there is no cell service and I don't want to be hiking 50 miles back to my jeep. My biggest concerns are the VR and the fuel pump, 2 items that can leave you dead in the water if they go out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well I just spoke with the guy at cycleworx and here is what he told me. He has had zero failures in six years and he has sold a bunch. Said these are true 65 amp VR and OEM claims to be 50 amp. Also said his is much larger than OEM and has much more surface area to dissipate heat. He said that stator these machines puts out more than 50 amp in certain conditions and Polaris counts on parasitic draw to knock it down. When it doesn't the extra amperage is too much for the OEM VR, it overheats, ruins seals, allowing in moisture or dirt, or cracks right open and the cooling oil comes out (like mine and its smoking hot when it leaks.). So for $50 more than OEM, I'm giving it a go since your SOL when these go out on the trail.

·
Premium Member
9,726 Posts
Well I just spoke with the guy at cycleworx and here is what he told me. He has had zero failures in six years and he has sold a bunch. Said these are true 65 amp VR and OEM claims to be 50 amp. Also said his is much larger than OEM and has much more surface area to dissipate heat. He said that stator these machines puts out more than 50 amp in certain conditions and Polaris counts on parasitic draw to knock it down. When it doesn't the extra amperage is too much for the OEM VR, it overheats, ruins seals, allowing in moisture or dirt, or cracks right open and the cooling oil comes out (like mine and its smoking hot when it leaks.). So for $50 more than OEM, I'm giving it a go since your SOL when these go out on the trail.
That's good info!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts