i saw the battery light flashing (it only came on when driving, not when stopped) and when i checked the voltage from the battery i saw it was normal at idle but as i rev up the engine the voltage went up to 17 or 18. i looked at the voltage regulator and saw that it looked burnt so i replaced it. after i put the new one i went for a drive and saw smoke, and the battery light is flashing again. what should i do next? is there something that could be causing the regulator to go out? i dont want to put a 3rd on and have that one go out right away too.