Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week our family and a few friends traveled to Meeker Colorado and rode the Wagon Wheel trail system. We stayed in the town of Meeker for the entire week. Meeker is OHV friendly, so its legal to ride directly from town to the trails. Its also legal to drive in town to restaurants, shop, buy fuel or just drive around. We've been going to Colorado since 2009 (sometimes twice a year) and Meeker is by far the friendliest town we've encountered. Its a farming/ranching community, you won't see any dope smoking hippies and the Subaru to Chevy ratio is pretty low LOL! We rode 5 days and rarely did we encounter another group of riders on the trail the entire day. It gave me the feeling like we were exploring. The trails were very well marked and it reminded a lot of the Paiute Trail system. OK the negative- the trails were fun but could be VERY dusty. I had to clean my air filter about every couple of days. The views were scenic but not nearly as pretty as Silverton or Taylor Park. All in all we had a great time and the weather was very favorable. The wild flowers we encountered were some of the best we've seen! I would not hesitate to go back and recommend for others to visit. We stayed at the White River Inn. It was a great place to stay and was right on the OHV connector trail.

We took the Ranger Crew to haul the family. No atvs on this trip.

Reactions: FPD218

·
Premium Member
9,942 Posts
Man looks like a GREAT family trip!!!!!!

Reactions: Ransom Proctor
1 - 2 of 2 Posts