Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 500 ho Efi two position I hate it in fwd on flat ground how can I disconnect the dissent feature ?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I assume by 2 position, you mean "Touring". With Active Descent Control you should move the thumb switch from ADC to the middle position "4 x 4". You still have 4 wheel drive, just no ADC.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have a 3 position switch 4 we or 2 it's polaris early addition with the hillard clutches in the front diff there was a thread on some place about adding a toggle to shut it off long time ago I just want it to stop workin I don't care for it don't even use on my xp

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Invision yourself riding a flat trail in 4 wd and you can't dis able it when you back off the throttle it reacts trying to slow you why I don't like it what if I drained the boost bottle? Or unhooked the wires somewhere? I asked a dealer and he said if you don't have 3 position switch you don't have adc until I showed him my owners manual he didn't have an answer to disable but then again doesn't have very good mechanics either

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Do you still hate it when in 2wd? Engine braking is full time, your ADC is when you are in 4wd and meet certain requirements like a speed max.

Just want to make sure it's not the engine brake you're truly unhappy with. Unfortunately, 2007 models did not have selectable ADC.

If it is the ADC that is the problem, I'd find an electrical connection to pull and than seal up. I would not run the ADC dry.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you still hate it when in 2wd? Engine braking is full time, your ADC is when you are in 4wd and meet certain requirements like a speed max.

Just want to make sure it's not the engine brake you're truly unhappy with. Unfortunately, 2007 models did not have selectable ADC.

If it is the ADC that is the problem, I'd find an electrical connection to pull and than seal up. I would not run the ADC dry.
2 wd fine I like the normal braking on the belt clutching I just want it to operAte like a sportsman without desent control any ideas than what to do electrically to disable yet still have the 4wd engage?ive ridden polaris atvs for years up here in steep terrain and never needed this low gear 4 wd keep clutch engaged foot brake and your good just more bells and whistles to break imho

1 - 7 of 7 Posts