Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
what phone number are you calling ? all i get is , ask your dealer. then your dealer will be in contact with us , and then we'll ask you a bunch of questions like did you overfill the crankcase, were you riding aggressively, were you on steep inclines ? when i say maybe they say well you should monitor it and if it keeps doing it we'll have to ask you the same questions again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
does anybody have a phone # that gets me in touch with someone that actually knows anything about our 850's. i was inquiring about getting the 2012 setup so i could try to solve the oil in the airbox issue, i also said to them i was going to to get every person on this forum that has this issue with oil in the airbox regardless of year and warranty that is left on it or like me don't have warranty anymore but was in the shop twice for that problem. i think it's time to try to get them to force a recall on this issue. anybody have any ideas ?
I have same issue and have had it since my 850 was new (2010). I took it back once and dealer said that the breather / vent needs to be cleaned and he also said to be careful not to overfill with oil. I have a tendency to overfill it slightly with oil deliberately just thinking I get a bit more assurance it is plenty full. So I do those things routinely and the oil in airbox has lessened, but I still get a little in their. I finally just quit worrying about it since there has been no adverse effects or operational issues with the engine. I have 8,000 dependable miles on mine now.

·
Registered
2017 Sportsman 850SP
1,364 Posts
I have same issue and have had it since my 850 was new (2010). I took it back once and dealer said that the breather / vent needs to be cleaned and he also said to be careful not to overfill with oil. I have a tendency to overfill it slightly with oil deliberately just thinking I get a bit more assurance it is plenty full. So I do those things routinely and the oil in airbox has lessened, but I still get a little in their. I finally just quit worrying about it since there has been no adverse effects or operational issues with the engine. I have 8,000 dependable miles on mine now.
Dude, 10 year old thread. Glad to have you on the forum and hope to see you active, but please respond to current threads.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
5,289 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
12,309 Posts
Lol not only is this a response to a 10yr old thread but the advice to not worry about is 100% unacceptable!!! I mean seeing as Polaris came out with a fix for the issue as it was a big deal, lol.

Reactions: Gmartino100

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
5,289 Posts
Who's 10 years old?

·
12,218 Posts
I think there was an updated labyrinth plate and maybe a different valve cover to address that problem on the older XPs

21 - 27 of 27 Posts